JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just thought I'd like to share that I've come down with the three common Covid-19 symptoms (dry cough, shortness of breath, fever) and just tested positive today after a swab test, I've been instructed by my doctor and my boss to stay home. I'm scared and don't know what to think not because I tested positive but because I've been in contact with my family.

Anyone else under lockdown, voluntarily or otherwise?

·
Registered
428 Posts
You'll be fine. .003% of those that got it died. Your threat level is similar to dying in a car accident this week.

I know a handful of folks who got it, they stayed at home, laid on the couch and slept for a few days to a week, and went back to work.

Honestly, none infected their spouse or children living in the same home.

Don't fall for the media frenzy. Your fine.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had it. I have an autoimmune disorder with no thyroid function so I get sick all the time anyway (from my 7yr and 10yr bring home germs from school). I was sick for about a week, as bad as the flu with lots of caughing but not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm 43yr, I smoked for 20yrs and I vape (e cigerette all day) for the last 3yrs, so if someone was going to die it would be me. An elderly parent of a friend died 2 weeks before so we were pretty scared. My wife and updated my will and I couldn't hug my daughters for 2 weeks so it was miserable. But you will get threw it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm so sorry for you, but be sure, you'll be fine. Especially because you don't have any bad symptoms. Your family should do the test as well, at least to know what to do. I did it once because I had a bad cough and it was negative, but indeed I was mostly worried for my family.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've survived it! Thankfully, I might have gotten the virus after my last meeting with my mom because her results were negative when she took a swab test after a week of telling here that I got it. :cry:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've survived it! Thankfully, I might have gotten the virus after my last meeting with my mom because her results were negative when she took a swab test after a week of telling here that I got it. :cry:
We're you totally knocked out and exhausted like others have talked about? We've had 4 prior at work who tested + with it and one person i know outside of work, all said that it really knocks you onto the couch hard for at least 3 to 4 days, like you barely wake up for a few days because your just flat out exhausted.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The flu mortality rate (people sick/died is 0.1%.
Covid is 3%. (There are a wide range of statistics on this because statistics can say what you want them to. I think sick/dead is pretty hard to fudge)
Not everyone gets sick, not everyone who does, dies. Many people with severe symptoms would die without critical care, the critical care space is limited.
Covid's big threat is that it's contagency is much higher than the flu.
People who don't care if they get it are ok to me. It's the people who don't care if they spread it.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're you totally knocked out and exhausted like others have talked about? We've had 4 prior at work who tested + with it and one person i know outside of work, all said that it really knocks you onto the couch hard for at least 3 to 4 days, like you barely wake up for a few days because your just flat out exhausted.

To be honest, during those worsen days, I felt like I got hit by a truck, can't move without feeling pain, severe headache and breathing. I have had asthma when I was a kid, but I never felt worse until I got that virus.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People who don't care if they get it are ok to me. It's the people who don't care if they spread it.
I have read an article from UK that a teacher still went to school after being aware for the past week that she got covid-19 today. Totally irresponsible...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My father recently got sick, everything went well, but when my mother got sick it was a little more difficult to take to the hospital, but in general everything was okay. Don't worry, everything will be fine!

·
Registered
10,305 Posts
My daughter's Kindergarten teacher got it from a kid who's parent sent them to school even though they had a fever. They just dosed her with advil and dropped her off.

The kid didn't look sick until lunch. and didn't leave until after 1 PM...

This was a kid in my Daughter's class (my daughter has cystic fibrosis) and thank god PJ wasn't there that day.

The kindergarten teacher still can't go up stairs 2 months later. And she was a relatively healthy lady in her late 40's.

What i've learned from this pandemic is we cannot trust parents to do the right thing.

·
Registered
10,305 Posts
wow... so sunday my wife's coworker (also a teacher) just died from covid... pretty crazy to have someone you know pass. healthy lady. just got really sick, ended up on the vent. they got her off but then she went into organ failure...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts