JKOwners Forum banner

I need some suggestions on a front bumper

6K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  nc_fjizzle 
#1 ·
Ok, so doing a build on a 2011 JK Rubi 4-door. Thrown a lift, 35" shoes and some wheels on it and had a manufacturer ship out a new bumper to us, which looked great... but am not happy with it at all. Has an integrated recessed winch mount which basically is big enough to hold an ATV winch and that's about it. There are numerous other design flaws with it as well, but they're new to the business and haven't gone into this market before, so it's to be expected. I've communicated the problems to them and they've not gone into production yet, so I'm not naming names and hopefully they'll get that straightened out before they mass produce them.

Anywhooo... I need your help. No, not that other guy... he's a moron You look smart and trustworthy and friendly. Well, one out of three ain't bad.

I want a bumper. I want it to look good. I want an integrated winch mount. I want recovery points. I want it to fit a Warn 9.5ti Thermometric. I want fries with that and a back rub too.

Recommendations? Pics? General tourette's-like rants?

#2 ·
Give us your jeep specs.
Im about to grab a poison spyder BFH
HD customs comes to mind as well.

Whats your budget?

#5 ·
Not so much worried about budget. I love Poison Spyder stuff and I hope to do a build based on a lot of their stuff soon and their BFH would be a no-brainer, but the "look" for this rig is going to be more for modded daily driver... thus the more hardcore look of stubby fronts won't work for what the owner is looking for. Same problem with HD Customs. I have a stubby personally (no "that's what she said" comments!!!)

As far as specs thus far. 4-D JK Rubi loaded, RC 4" X-series Kit, 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grappler and some wheels that I can't remember the brand or style.

#25 ·
Not so much worried about budget. I love Poison Spyder stuff and I hope to do a build based on a lot of their stuff soon and their BFH would be a no-brainer, but the "look" for this rig is going to be more for modded daily driver... thus the more hardcore look of stubby fronts won't work for what the owner is looking for. Same problem with HD Customs. I have a stubby personally (no "that's what she said" comments!!!)

As far as specs thus far. 4-D JK Rubi loaded, RC 4" X-series Kit, 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grappler and some wheels that I can't remember the brand or style.
Modded daily driver? Check
Recovery points? Check
Recessed winch? Check
Easy to build and cheap? Check (I know that wasnt a requirement but I threw it in there any way :grinpimp:)

Thats what mine is.... Harbor freight winch plate and tuff stuff 12,500lb winch... That is all. Gets you a winch and bumper for the price of most winch bumpers.

#6 ·
AEV makes the best looking full width IMO.

#8 ·
If the BFH is too "hardcore" how about more of a rated "R" look. The Brawler Lite was my choice...

Davesrb

#12 ·
I have a Hansens on mine , its a great bumper , recessed an d ring shackle mounts, full med. An stubbys are offered, im changing to a psc brawler lite cuz I want a stubby an Biglar an the PSC, crew are good friends of mine an my jk is running all of there other armor. But Hansens is a great product.

#19 ·
The RSE I haven't seen before. That's nice.

XHD are good too and similar to the modular design bumper we tried before. There are a lot of them out there though and want it to be a bit different looking.

Rampage is an good one and I've got their rear recovery bumper on the way for my own rig. No recessed winch mount makes it a no go on this build though.

It's either between the AEV and the Fab Fours at this point. We just recently started carrying AEV, so I haven't gotten to see them in person yet, but the 1/8" stamped steel concerns me a bit since most are 3/16th. Can anyone confirm that a 1/8" can handle a sharp impact on the rocks? Seems like that was the thickness on my old TC skid plate and I destroyed that pretty quick. The Fab Fours I know are drool worthy.

#21 ·
Poison Spyder... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.