JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i blew out my stock rear end on my 09 2dr jk and i have to replace everything after limping home in 4hi and ultimately breaking down due to snaping a front axle shaft.

Now i know i want to go with g2 axle shafts and atruetrac limited slip. But i need to know what else i need to buy in order to get my jeep running(its my dd)

I checked my ratio and its 3.73 so i need a ring and pinion matched thay will match up to the truetrac. Any ideas? And what else bearings, shims, ect

Im trying to do this myself to save on labor any help and advice you guys can give is greatly appreciated.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Howdy,

I'd recommend Ten Factory over the G2s. They warranty bent flanges and their warranty is one of the easiest to deal with in the world.

http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Ten-Factory-JK-07-14-Non-Rubicon-Dana-44-Rear-Chro-p/mg22156rtr.htm

If you're in need of a 3.73 I'd look for someone that recently upgraded. A stock 3.73 gear should be able to be found for free or a twelve pack of cold beer. A master install kit will run you about $150.

I can get you everything you need for the rebuild but I wouldn't feel right selling you a new Dana 3.73 gear...they are outrageous. Post up in the wanted section and someone will likely come through to help you.

Let me know if I can help!

Welcome to JKO!

Marcus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other question i have is. Do i have to buy a certain size carrier for the 44? For example will a dana 44 truetrac that fits 321 gearing fit a 410 gear ring. Or do i have to get a certain size

1 - 3 of 3 Posts