JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the northern seattle area have access to a tire machine? I need the tires pulled off of my old rims and a place to work while mounting them on my new beadlocks. A tire balancer would be nice too, but I can give dyna beads a try if not available. Willing to bring beer and order a pizza or just toss some cash your way.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Anyone in the northern seattle area have access to a tire machine? I need the tires pulled off of my old rims and a place to work while mounting them on my new beadlocks. A tire balancer would be nice too, but I can give dyna beads a try if not available. Willing to bring beer and order a pizza or just toss some cash your way.
I know of someone in Covington but that's a little ways away.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will keep that as an option, I don't mind the drive if that's what it takes. Will give it a week or so to see if anyone is closer

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looks like you're in Everett so I would suggest taking the wheels and tires to Discount Tire. Have them dismount them, then take the tires home and mount them on the beadlocks, then take the beadlocks with the tires mounted back to Discount Tire to have them balanced. They will not touch them if they are on the vehicle so don't drive over there thinking they will. Once they are balanced, take them home, mount them up and go wheel. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I did a set the old fashioned way with a set of big ass tire irons from Harbor freight. you can use a bottle jack to break the bead by putting it on the tire and then jacking a heavier vehicle up. Not as bad as it sounds and I am a beat up old man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts