JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on using a different switch to activate my front Rubicon e-locker.
I have replaced my rear locker with an ARB and have my compressor and rear locker switches (which are ARB toggle switches) mounted in a switch panel.
I have an ARB front locker switch that I would like to use to activate my stock front e-locker.
Does anyone know if I can just wire the stock wires to the ARB switch or do I need to make any changes?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Not sure what year your JK is, but if the factory e-locker activates with a momentary switch, your ARB rocker "on/off" switch is almost certainly not going to work.

My 2012 has a momentary switch. As I understand, this sends a signal to the computer, which in turn turns on the locker circuit. I wouldn't be surprised if the on/off switch fried something in the computer if you just wired it into the OEM circuit. Best bet (though certainly not the least expensive) would be to use an sPod to completely bypass the OEM control of the locker. You might lose the pretty dash lights though. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response. My jeep is a 2009.

Not sure what year your JK is, but if the factory e-locker activates with a momentary switch, your ARB rocker "on/off" switch is almost certainly not going to work.

My 2012 has a momentary switch. As I understand, this sends a signal to the computer, which in turn turns on the locker circuit. I wouldn't be surprised if the on/off switch fried something in the computer if you just wired it into the OEM circuit. Best bet (though certainly not the least expensive) would be to use an sPod to completely bypass the OEM control of the locker. You might lose the pretty dash lights though. :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would bypass the OEM switch and computer nonsense and wire a switch to control a relay to activate the locker. Its not a hard job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts