JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving around base setting some things up. So me and the guys were having some fun with the Jeep. We came up to a water crossing and I was like " it we will be fine we have done this before" So I start to cross and then i hit a ledge. And since the bottom was sand the tires just dug in. I took on water and the motor did also. I called USAA and they are going to cover it. Thank god because that would be alot of money out of pocket. I hope they fix it because of all the hard work I have put in to it so far and all the fun I have had. So it was a lesson learned. Stop thinking I can do anything I want in a Jeep. I am thankful because i could have done something worse or someone could have got hurt.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
847 Posts
Good that USAA is taking care of it!

Could be worse man... You could be this guy!

http://thinkmud.com/img/jeep-underwater.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
How... I mean, what was he... I mean, did he think... Yeah, I got nothing, there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of our club members (former Army truck driver) tried to zip thru a stream a couple of months ago and sucked in the water...she did find a good deal on a used 3.8 engine and is now a little more cautious. She still has a hard time believing that such a shallow stream could have caused some much grief.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A snorkel is cheeper than your deductible. Ever go through some water than look inside at the underside of your hood? The belt slings water and mud right at your air box intake, who thought of putting the intake there. Glad you got it covered.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
That sucks man, glad the insurance will cover it.

I've gone further than I cared to (muddy water remittance on the throttle body to prove it). I have backed off mud/water these days, I'm losing the desire behind it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I hope they fix it then I will get the snorkel the day it comes out of the shop.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Snorkel, is good insurance. I have had a couple of close calls and I think it will be my next investment. Last time I went through some mud, I got home and checked the air box and the underside of the filter was caked with mud. that convinced me. I was even taking it easy.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had to have my hydrolocked engine replace by insurance... Should work out for you.

Message spread by Paul Revere

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Get a check from the adjuster and get a hemi.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.