JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I ever pissed! Last week I noticed a leaking front axel seal on the pass. side. Had that fixed under warranty. Got the jeep back and played with the lockers. They engaged fine with my dash light illuminated, but when I turn them off the dash light keeps blinking. Not only that but I noticed some ATF under the jeep. Go back to the dealership and they need to repace some sensors as well as upper and lower trans cooler lines. Tonight I got out and notice the drivers side axel seal is really leaking. All over my tire and spraying my fender. Freakin Stealership! I really want to get this crap fixed ASAP. Worst part is that none of this happened while wheelin'.

·
Registered
514 Posts
you have good reason to be po'ed!! hope they get it right for you!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yup We Suck! lol

I would suggest trying a different shop.

Where are you located? Maybe I could help point you to a better shop.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ProZack, I'm in Fairview Alberta. Nothing personnal about dealerships just an agravating experience. I guess I really shouldn't complain too much, this is being done under warranty. Just sucks having to deal with issue after issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i know exactly what you mean. i work in a dealership in dawson creek. the bosses seem to push more for numbers and not quality. it doesn't matter if there is a comeback, as long as the first repair numbers look good on the book. it really sucks. i was always taught to get good first, speed naturally follows.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks ProZack, I'm in Fairview Alberta. Nothing personnal about dealerships just an agravating experience. I guess I really shouldn't complain too much, this is being done under warranty. Just sucks having to deal with issue after issue.
No worrys, dealerships have earned the rep they have and and every bit of anamosity towards them. You have every right to be upset.

Let em do some check'n and see who may have a good name up there. I don't personally know any but I have some good connections that may be able to help out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well I checked with the owner and I guess there is a big wall between the US and Canadian Dealers, so I am no help to find a different one for ya. Good luck and let me know if I can try to help out any other way.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ProZack, Thanks man for the effort. Had everything repaired under warranty this am. Let's see if it lasts. I was told by the service manager that these seals can just go with temp fluctuations. He and I both know that the second seal was likely damaged by the dealership. i even so far as ask if the axel tubes could be bent and causing the failures and he told me no, "they don't bend unless REALLY beat on". OK what ever you say. I'll just have to sleeve it I guess.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The second time I had mine in for a leaking pass axle seal they discovered that the axle shaft itself was bent. They replaced it under warranty along with new seals on both sides again. Aside from the fact that they rip off little old ladies all day long I can't complain about the service department at Hunter Dodge in Lancaster, CA. When I stated that the axle must have been defective from the factory because you'd have to thrash it pretty good to bend and axle shaft, the service writer said "well that's what they're made for". Cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts