JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the band-hammer from a machinists forum, with a sub forum for (live steam) scale railroading.
At first I didn't know to be angered about this or not, then I realized this douche has to be Eddies Daddy and realized the comedy of this situation. Egomaniac just starts to describe this prick, and dare I say he's a touch worse than Eddie when it comes to the controlling his subjects.
I was able to be banned in less than 10 posts, all without breaking any rules, just getting under this guys skin. The whole forum is very "Dear supreme leader Harold, please let me suck your cock"ish.

Basically, if you don't do as he say without questioning, and don't walk on egg shells around him, you're banned.

If you care to read the very short drama. I'm TennPass btw.

Otherwise the TL;DR version:
I sign up for forum to show pictures of a build.
Express my displeasure in getting the board to cooperate with image linking, especially when using different devices.
Mod (Harold_V) takes some sort of personal offense. Gets all Eddie on me.
I respond in typical JKO way.
More Mod overstep.
Member cocksucking of Mod commences.
I respond in typical JKO way.
Banned!
More member cocksucking.

Really I only post this to showcase the striking similarities between that forum and way-to-gay.

I've been doing some searching for other topics on that sight and have come across a few gems from this guy.

Regarding a new member who was foreign, speaking in "correct English", making him very literal and came across pushy/demanding.
Harold_V said:
I admonished this individual by email to have a more contrite attitude. It appears that the suggestion has gone unnoticed.
It is extremely rare that we ban a reader on this forum. In fact, I had banned only two readers in my history here as a moderator. The count is now three.
We are a polite bunch, and prefer that we not have quarrels. If a reader insists on behaving as if he/she is still in high school, they must find a different place to do so. We don't welcome that kind of behavior here.

Harold

Regarding his moderation of another forum, where he's more of a blowheart, citing grammar as bannable shit (assumption on my part, but based on how he was on the machinisists forum....!) I don't even think ol Eddie is that large of a douche.
Harold_V said:
I moderate another forum, one that revolves around the processing of precious metals. There, I tolerate no nonsense. The simple substitution of an "a" instead of an "i", both legitimate, yet totally different in end results, can spell the difference between success and failure, often without a clue why one failed. By being hard-nosed about spelling and grammar, we have managed to raise the bar, with the vast majority of readers being thankful for the corrections and encouragement to do better.
Read as: I've managed to ban anyone who can't be a perfectionist in typing, leaving only a few like minded cunts.

I actually quoted this in my original thread, after I called out his bullshit the second time. He deleted that post. Can't be looking bad in front of your subjects I guess.
Harold_V said:
For that you can thank the founder of the forum, along with Marty, our very capable administrator. They, long ago, established policy that demands those that follow the board use their best of manners. It's been a tough assignment for me, if for no other reason, I'm not the most diplomatic individual I know, and I'm inclined to speak my mind, often not pleasantly. You might say I am benefitting from their wisdom in that I am now much more tolerant of folks with which I do not agree (there's no shortage).

Thanks for your nice comments.

Harold

Moar :jawdrop:
I take my assignment as a moderator seriously. I feel it's a requirement if we hope to maintain some semblance of order and decency. To that end I try to enforce the few rules by which we operate. Some are offended---feel they have a right to speak their minds---even to be disruptive. Needless to say, we can't have that, for we then wouldn't enjoy the peace and calm that many enjoy with our somewhat more stringent (albeit archaic) tight control. Makes for a much nicer forum, where folks need not fear being flamed, or having to tolerate unnecessary rudeness.
Thanks, Mike.
It's not easy being a moderator. There are times when someone must be denied an opinion, regardless of its veracity. I try to be fair and even handed. Hope it's coming across that way. We must keep the board on (or near) topic. I will always enforce the no religion, politics, bad language and no flaming mandate. It seems, to me, like the right thing to do.

The more I read threads with this guys power tripping posts, the more he scares me. :faint:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only joined to peruse the scale railroading sections, so I'm not sure if he really has a presence among the whole board.

For what I consider "foamers" (the guys with youtube video's screaming like girls and pissing their pants because they saw a Heritage unit (who literally foam at the mouth over that shit)) I don't think he fits.

Fuck, wait, I bet this does get him foaming at the mouth with his pseudo authority. You're right!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Almost like they are fighting each other to suck him off. Hey, just like gayforlife.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm perma banned lol
Not even a chance to sit in the corner and think about how many lives I ruined and apologize for it.

I'd say he went as far as removing me from the users too because I try to login and it says that user doesnt exist but the thread still shows my name.

Edit: nope now it shows me as Anonymous. At least on tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
22,099 Posts
I'm perma banned lol
Not even a chance to sit in the corner and think about how many lives I ruined and apologize for it.

I'd say he went as far as removing me from the users too because I try to login and it says that user doesnt exist but the thread still shows my name.

Edit: nope now it shows me as Anonymous. At least on tapatalk.

You bully, they are going to need some emotional support cuckolding now.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Given the chance, I'd probably punch him. Just so everytime someone asked me "have you ever punched a guy with dentures" I can't say no!

·
22,099 Posts
Some people say they'd like to run into Eddie on the trail some time. Any chance you could run into Harold on......wait for it......THE RAIL? :laughing2:

I'll be here all day folks! Don't forget to tip your waitress! :thefinger:
As long as you wear a skirt.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get with the times. They are two daddy's now identifying as mommy's.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You started a thread with my train is bigger then your's didn't you?

ummm pics of build? just sayin.
If you're really interested I'll post one or two.

·
22,099 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK. But I swear to god if you guys try to Harold me.....

I started with a flat pack of plasma cut body pieces.

Body pieces were good to go. Started tacking them up.

Trucks positioned.

Got steps tacked up and foot pegs figured out so this can be ridden.

Couplers mounted and working on hand rails.

And that's where I've left off. Been too cold to want to work in the barn and I need thinner metal than 1/8th to form the rolled roof.

Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
That train's really cool. So you gotta build several dif'rent type cars I assume and string 'em together. The locomotive electric, gas, or what? Lay tracks in the yard to ride it around?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gt1, correct, this is "large scale", or "live steam" scale, or technically 1.5 scale 7.5" gauge.

Kowboy, most people do build "riding cars" that really look nothing like a scaled down real railroad car. The point to those is to be able to ride behind whatever powers you. But, generally speaking people big into this will have scaled down replicas of actual railroad cars they pull around too (like my caboose). Some treat this stuff as actual operating railroads, or as operating hobby railroads, or will simply have a loop in their yard to "play choo choo".

As for locomotives, if you've got a steam engine they can be coal fired, oil fired, diesel fired, propane or NG fired. Diesel electric engines are typically battery powered or lawnmower engine powered.

The Mill Creek Central is where I've started going to get my feet wet in all this. That site is a bit of a headache to navigate though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts