JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I fought the law and the law won! UPDATE 6-27-08!

Dont drag race a punk in an FJ on the beach where the speed limit is 15MPH and a Ranger in a Hummer can see you.:shaking:

I speak from experience!:pissed:

:bawling:about my ticket

:thefinger:kicked the FJ's ass

Will the ticket be worth it? (43 in a 15mph)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
You should have just raced the Hummer while you were at it. The only reason you got a ticket is because he felt left out. :beer:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Sad indeed.

Great kill of the FJ, But i don't think 43 in a 15 is going to be cheap.

That picture really sets the tone... da da da :(

oh... Did the FJ get one as well? :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Geez Hundy, it was good of you to give Ranger Rick a reason to play with his lights! Probably made his day. The forlorn look on his face as he is looking at the Hummer says it all. How did he come up with the 43, radar or "estimate"?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
While your sitting on your throne taking a dump Rigger, have you considered a Red Star?

·
Registered
159 Posts
You need THIS, Its only a couple hundy Hundy and will save your ass. I speak from experience.
Why don't you tell him the rest of your "Experience" :shaking:... Valentine's are just asking for trouble.

I've gotten a ticket on that same stretch by one of the rangers. That's the only speeding ticket I've gotten to date, and it's almost shameful. 25 in a 15, and I was the only one at the Dunes! (weekdays aren't as packed)

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was Sunday nite and hardly anyone was around. I thought he should have let me go. (I would have!).

I had "sorta" raced the FJ earlier. He came up from behind me haulin ass on the wide flat part, so I gassed it and passed him... what I didnt know was the Hummer was "pacing" him at 43mph. I didnt see the Humr till it was too late.

He actually wrote me for 31mph because I wouldnt admit to the 43mph. We'll see how much the ticket is- if it is ridiculas high maybe I will fight it. No radar.

The FJ got a ticket too. I tried to get it in the pic too, but he took off.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
It was Sunday nite and hardly anyone was around. I thought he should have let me go. (I would have!).

I had "sorta" raced the FJ earlier. He came up from behind me haulin ass on the wide flat part, so I gassed it and passed him... what I didnt know was the Hummer was "pacing" him at 43mph. I didnt see the Humr till it was too late.

He actually wrote me for 31mph because I wouldnt admit to the 43mph. We'll see how much the ticket is- if it is ridiculas high maybe I will fight it. No radar.

The FJ got a ticket too. I tried to get it in the pic too, but he took off.
Always fight it. If for no other reason then to try to get the "points" expunged.

·
Registered
913 Posts
GEEZ hundy... I leave you alone for 1 minute and look what happens! You shoulda taken the FJ out to comp hill and handed his ass to him... Ha. Hope you made home safely.. We had a blast!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
You have to pay if you want to play...I wouldn't fight it...you just admtted you were speeding/racing...why be a liar in court...what would that say about you as a person...man up and just pay the fine...you earned it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
31 is way better that 43. He only wrote you for 6mph over the limit instead of 18 over. It should keep the fine down some. If you fight and lose, you eat the conviction. If you pay the fine and request traffic school, the conviction never sees your driving record so your insurance is none the wiser.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
31 is way better that 43. He only wrote you for 6mph over the limit instead of 18 over. It should keep the fine down some. If you fight and lose, you eat the conviction. If you pay the fine and request traffic school, the conviction never sees your driving record so your insurance is none the wiser.
hmmm... 43 in a 15? ok, lets test rigger's math out...
according to your math, 15 + 6 = 31? i am HOPING you just forgot to put the one in there.
but, then again, the "18 over" would be 43? or do you mean 28? 15 + 18 = 33. aye caramba. i'm going to buy you a math book for while you are on the commode. :D just bustin yer balls there fella... :thefinger:

·
Registered
119 Posts
hmmm... 43 in a 15? ok, lets test rigger's math out...
according to your math, 15 + 6 = 31? i am HOPING you just forgot to put the one in there.
but, then again, the "18 over" would be 43? or do you mean 28? 15 + 18 = 33. aye caramba. i'm going to buy you a math book for while you are on the commode. :D just bustin yer balls there fella... :thefinger:
I'm assuming he though the limit was 25mph

25 + 6= 31

25 + 18= 43

His math isn't off, just the speed limit.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have to pay if you want to play...I wouldn't fight it...you just admtted you were speeding/racing...why be a liar in court...what would that say about you as a person...man up and just pay the fine...you earned it.
Yeah I was over 15mph for sure. I have no problem manning up. The only reason I would try to get out of it is if the fine is unreasonbly high. I am thinking it should be $50-100. But if the fine is $600 I my try to see if the is a way to wiggle out of it. Its not about being a liar or manning up. I think it is cool sometimes when someone has a moment of bad judgement that was basically harmless to anyone and the officer lets 'em go with a warning. I literally speed almost everyday---havent had a speeding ticket in years, so I was due!

I am not sure, but it was from a Park Ranger and I dont know if that affects my "points" ???

Anyone want to take a guess at what the fine will be? I'll post it when I find out, and the winner will get 3 of these- :thefinger:

And just for fun, here is a pic of the last ticket that I got from the Rangers-

"The Ring of Fire!" And dont worry about the rugrats that I was babysitting in there- they are rotten little kids that kept getting out of their shackles.:devil:
So... who wants me to babysit their anklebiters???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts