JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have no idea how i never stumbled accross this site. I have been part of another jk ... forum for a long time. Until recently I answered a post that went like this:

"Rear Stingers - Do any companies make rear stingers for the jk?"

I said, "a local fab guy here ********* is building me one now, Ill post pics when he's done"

Next I know, BAM BANNED! All posts deleted. No emails or anything.

So I went on the hunt and found this awesome site!

Currently I drive a 2008 Rubi "CONVICT". It has 2 wrecked bumpers and a TON of "custom alberta pin stripping".

On order is a 5" kit, which I will customize to be a 7" 4 link long arm kit. To make plenty of room for my 40's. Its one of those massive builds that will never end...

Anyways, Im glad to be part of this board. Ill be sure to post pics and get my fabbing buddy to sponsor this site so I can release his name. Hopefully everyone here is a little more reasonable and understanding lol and wont over react to such small things. A nice pm and a blocked message wouldve been nice! Oh I also own an offroading club (local) and we hit the trails usually 2-3 times a month. Not sure if I can post the name, will look into that too! :beer::smokin::beer:

PS> Sorry for the rant! :shaking:

Cant wait to dive in! Here are some pics of my rig now. (only 2" spacers).

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
Thiss forum is about sharing info. I am curious to hear about the rear stinger.

you are encouraged to talk about new produts. If he is on here actually selling it he would want to be sponsored but it benefits us all to know about new stuff... do you have any more info on it?

BTW, welcome to the forum!! :beer: :beer:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Those pictures (the 3rd and 4th ones) are beautiful. Many guys here have been banned on the other forum, so you are in good company. No need to apologize for the rant (you should see some of the dialogue here). And feel free to throw around names all you want. Someone that is "pimping" products and is not a "yellow star vendor/ advertiser" may get flamed, but other than that, this is a very open place to express opinions and ideas. Welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have lots of info on it. lol

No offence, but what do the red stars mean? I would also like an admin/mod to post permission, cuz after this forum, I've got no others! (besides my own club of coarse) hahaha

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those pictures (the 3rd and 4th ones) are beautiful. Many guys here have been banned on the other forum, so you are in good company. No need to apologize for the rant (you should see some of the dialogue here). And feel free to throw around names all you want. Someone that is "pimping" products and is not a "yellow star vendor/ advertiser" may get flamed, but other than that, this is a very open place to express opinions and ideas. Welcome aboard. :)
Here's a pic from the top of that trail (its called baseline btw):

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
I have lots of info on it. lol

No offence, but what do the red stars mean? I would also like an admin/mod to post permission, cuz after this forum, I've got no others! (besides my own club of coarse) hahaha
Take a look under the user CP for info on the stars

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/payments.php

The red star means you support the site as a paid mamber. It qualifies you for giveaways, shows your support for a great site and other "goodies"

Yellow stars mean you are a vendor and can pimp your goods.

If you are looking for mod permission you may wait for a while. Unlike other forums there is not a whole lot of mod involment and you are free as long as you do not cross borders like posting lips and nips :lol:

Also, you will not be banned on here unless you abuse the site pretty badly. I don't belive I have ever seen anybody banned on here and I have been here for a long time (100th member). YOu would get warnings and flamming from other members before you even got close.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Done and done bro.

The stinger is very closly based off PSC's for the TJ (would've waited for them, but now there closed):

It will be supported by the bracket that connects your roll bar to your frame, with quick disconnects so It will drop down. It will also have stoppers so it doesnt hit the ground, will rest almost parallel to the ground. The brackets for the disconnects will also have mounts for CB Antennas.

The bumper itself will be tight to the body and extend just to the corners of the JK. Unlike the other guys bumper, which is nice but defeats the purpose of the stinger because when you drop off a ledge that 8" bumper will hit first instead of angling off of it.

And offroad evolutions is a tire cage not a stinger.... so I wont comment.

It will have a license plate bracket, 2 clevis mounts, and will be able to hold a huge tire (39.5ish)

If Ive left anything out, my bad. And If you have any suggestions let me know, cuz nows the time.

*****Not at all raggin on any other companies, they both have very nice products, some of which I will order*****

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
Taht sounds like it will be a great setup! I would be very interested in one but I have a dog and am always opening the rear to let the bastard in and out.

I am excited to see some more aggressive stuff out on the market for the JK. there doesn't seem to be a lot of options out yet

For sure tell your buddy to come check out the site and post some pics when available!

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
seriously, this is an open forum. You can talk about whoever you want, and post links to whoever you want, the only people who get banned here are the bots that want to powere level your WoW player haha.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Welcome to the forum,same thing happen to me,that forum will go down!!! Oh yea,got this for you,

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the forum,same thing happen to me,that forum will go down!!! Oh yea,got this for you,
Hahahaha! Classic!

My buddy "Krossloch Fab" is not very computer savvy. So when its done, Ill be his sales person! lol.

He's also making me a brawler front bumper, tube fenders, tube doors, full roll cage, ect. He is at minimum a fab guru.

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Welcome to freedom. They had you in the matrix, but you're awake now.

You can say anything you want here (even criticize the forum itself). Allow me to demonstrate:

The only thing that pisses me off about this forum is that you cant type ****, ****, ****ing, ****er, mother****er, and ****stick.

(they neuter your cuss words here).

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Welcome to JKO, must be great to have a friend like that. All the first run stiff on your rig:D

The only thing that pisses me off about this forum is that you cant type ****, ****, ****ing, ****er, mother****er, and ****stick.

(they neuter your cuss words here).
Dave, what the hell is a ****stick?:thefinger: I know I've heard that somewhere before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.