JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if anything are you running for a third or hi mount brake light after a tire carrier change ? Thanks in advance . M

·
Registered
128 Posts
AEV third brake light kit.....easy to fit, and the steel bracket is a good spot to mount a camera...which I'll be doing at some stage.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
There's a cool setup in the vender area. The lights are screwed into the open wheel lug holes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Built a red cree LED light with Tractor Supply base on a spare centercap.

It works really good, hooked up with a weatherpak quic-release and some coiled line.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I added my own relocation to use the stock brake light on my Vector Rotopax mount.

·
Registered
723 Posts

Warrior Products tag and light relocation kit.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
tera flex one again. I did buy the delta kit that goes in the lug holes but it really is not going to work with my set up so sending it back to amazon unless somebody wants to buy it.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
At this point I used Teraflex's adapter and their recommended modification to mount the stock HMSL. I've since swiched to the ORO LitePLATE, which provides a 3 LED HMSL, plus a license plate light.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I put small LEDs in the 2 empty lug-nut holes in my spare. They work great.

This is the only pic I could find of the rear of our JK. This year's kill... first time hunting with my revolver :gluging:

Attachments

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
I just took a piece of 3/16" steel plate and went at it with a hole saw, jig saw, and angle grinder to hold an LED truck brake light.
Older pic, but this shows where my 3rd brake light lives to shine through the holes in the spare wheel.
On a bike rack that blocks the 3rd brake light, I went with a 3/4" LED marker light - that little bastard is bright!
This little 3/4" light has 3 LEDs and is bright as HELL! FYI, it's a Maxxima M09300R Red 3/4" Round Combination Clearance Marker Light.
I tried 2 similar LED markers that were no more than half as bright. This little bastard is a BEAST!

That should be enough to get their attention.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Here's a day and night shot of Alvin (Yes, my son named him after the chipmunk). Although the dude is supposed to have my back, he seems to be blind or enjoys watching people slam into me, four times now.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Warrior Products tag and light relocation kit.
running the same thing, but have the plate led on top and the brake light on bottom.

works great imo. easy pull pin/quick release to take the plate out to get to the spare.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts