JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pissed:

I am ready to kill my JK. I am tired of my jeep throwing random codes for no apparent reason. For the last few weeks it has been fine. I fixed the O2 sensor it was crying about and replaced the evap canister. All check engine codes disappeared and I was happy. But something since last night (there was a big temp change here) happened and now I am throwing DTC's again. And they are stupid DTC's. P0084 P00C1 P000d and P0056. :mr-t: This thing is just driving me nuts with these codes. I have checked my grounds, unfortuneatly my accu pro is a POS and cant clear the codes (which is stupid). I am at my wits end.

On another note, maybe the damn thing is just pissed because I went to the autoshow and looked at other cars. I dont feel like being in Stephen Kings "Christine" movie with my jeep.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Black tape over the codes:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I"ve had this happen to me. I replaced almost all the sensors. Then finally, figured that the evap hoses that go into the gas tank were faulty. Only because all the same codes popped up again toward the end. So replaced those two hoses after dropping the tank...and WHAM.....they all went away and I've not had a problem sense then.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Drive it................Fawk em.
exactly

my check engine light has been on forever for the O2 sensor and I just keep on driving it. fuck the whore

just wait your airbag light will come on soon. I have replaced a couple clock springs at work for air bag light codes and now mine has done the same thing.

Some day I pray for it to catch fire.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I"ve had this happen to me. I replaced almost all the sensors. Then finally, figured that the evap hoses that go into the gas tank were faulty. Only because all the same codes popped up again toward the end. So replaced those two hoses after dropping the tank...and WHAM.....they all went away and I've not had a problem sense then.
interesting did you have to drop the tank to replace them or just dropped it for something else?

I have evap small and large leak codes, gascap code. cant find a leak anywhere, gasket is good on the evap.

My check engine light also comes on for O2 sensor. Idont think I can replaced the O2 sensors, the base of them are covered in baked on mud. I CANNOT pass inspection till I can get them to stay cleared long enough. I am now over due for inspection and registration :shaking:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Look at the back of your intake manifold the upper plastic plenum has a vacuum line fitting on it. Make sure that fitting isn't broken

interesting did you have to drop the tank to replace them or just dropped it for something else?

I have evap small and large leak codes, gascap code. cant find a leak anywhere, gasket is good on the evap.

My check engine light also comes on for O2 sensor. Idont think I can replaced the O2 sensors, the base of them are covered in baked on mud. I CANNOT pass inspection till I can get them to stay cleared long enough. I am now over due for inspection and registration :shaking:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Look at the back of your intake manifold the upper plastic plenum has a vacuum line fitting on it. Make sure that fitting isn't broken
thanks I'll check that out. NC sucks I cant register until I pass inspection :shaking: There is no way to cheat the system either with them plugging into the OBDII port.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Ive had the evap/gas cap code for about 3 months now. The other day I pulled the evap to put on my PSC skid and I took black silicone and put in on the inside of the hose connection and on the seal for the little white box on the outside of the evap can. Cleared the codes with my procal (advance will do it for free) and they have not come back yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts