JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, first off thanks for all your good advice. Here's my question. Is it true all 2007 Sarahas that are automatic come with 4.1 gearing?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Guys, first off thanks for all your good advice. Here's my question. Is it true all 2007 Sarahas that are automatic come with 4.1 gearing?
Google much?

No. 3.73's if automatic. Only Rubicons came with 4.10's.

:beer:

Edit: obviously I'm wrong :laughing:

·
Registered
175 Posts
In 2007 auto's came with 4.10's... At least some did.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
EARLY production ones seem to be the case.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
if its a 07 with a factory tow package it may have 4.10's. theres a way to count drive shaft and tire rotations to tell but i dont know how.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
For 2007, Rubicons and all automatics got 4.10 gears (tow package or not). The only other ratio available was the 3.21 on the 6-speed. 2008 and up only the Rubicon got the 4.10 ratio, 3.73's came on board for the other models.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Lift one rear tire from the ground,transmission in neutral,no e-brake,put a mark on the lifted tire and one on the drive shaft,spin the shaft,if you count 4
and few degrees and your tire spin once you'll have 4,10;if you count 3-3/4
and the tire spin once you'll have 3.73.good luck!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Lift one rear tire from the ground,transmission in neutral,no e-brake,put a mark on the lifted tire and one on the drive shaft,spin the shaft,if you count 4
and few degrees and your tire spin once you'll have 4,10;if you count 3-3/4
and the tire spin once you'll have 3.73.good luck!
Close, but if you when using this method you need to double the tire rotations if you have an open diff. If you have a limited slip or a locker then the above method works with both rear wheels off the ground.

So, jack one tire off the ground, block your front tire so it doesn't roll away, tranny in nuetral, ebrake released, mark the tire and the driveshaft. Now turn the tire slowly for TWO full rotations and watch the drive shaft. However many time your ds spins is the gear ratio you have.

just remember;
2 full tire rotations, appx. 3 1/4 ds turns = 3.21
appx. 3 3/4 ds turns = 3.73
a little over 4 ds turns = 4.10

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
I think you should also be able to get your build sheet from Chrysler, which should give all the info on your rig.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those are good tips, but isn't it easier to just get a build sheet from Jeep?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well guess what

:shaking:

I did Google and found conflicting answers. So I called Jeep and my particular Jeep came with the 4.10 gearing. It turns out some Saharas came standard not just you Rubies PROs . Thank you all for the Info. I know I can always count you guys.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
SWEET !!

:shaking:

I did Google and found conflicting answers. So I called Jeep and my particular Jeep came with the 4.10 gearing. It turns out some Saharas came standard not just you Rubies PROs . Thank you all for the Info. I know I can always count you guys.

Thanks

Good to Know !!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got the build sheet on my 2007 sahara, 4.10 gears limited slip rear( I forget what jeep call it) and mines a 6 speed. The build sheet was very informative.

DEH 6-Speed Manual NSG370 Transmission
DHES Man Shift-on-the-Fly Transfer Case
DJRS Next Gen. Dana 30 Solid Front Axle
DMF 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
DRZS Next Gen. Dana 44 HD Rear Axle
DSA Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
DS7S Conventional Differential Frt Axle
EGT 3.8L V6 SMPI Engine

·
Registered
10,317 Posts
I thought is was an option.

I got 07 unlimited, pretty sure it has 3.73's
Then its a weird late model 07. The only 2 available ratios in 07 were 4.10 and 3.21

My 2 door auto came with 4.10s and an auto, no tracloc and no tow package. 4.10s were a 50 dollar option...

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
He's probably got 4.10's. 2007 was a long time ago and people have forgotten that there was a 4.10 ratio available on other than Rubicon models.

It's not that big of a deal. People just need to stop jumping the gun and posting stuff as fact when they're wrong.

2007's had either 3.21's or 4.10's from the factory.

3.73's were introduced in 2008 as a "fuel saving" effort... haha

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I should know better than to believe those bastards on wrangler forum :laughing:

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts