JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler. I recently installed a PSC 1.5 ram for hydro assist. I tapped the box myself and am using the factory power steering pump. Everything works great and is smooth however, I don’t feel as if the ram is doing much to help turn the wheels. I have 39x12.50x17 tires and they are easily turned on pavement at low rpm. When crawling I still get bound up and am unable to turn the tires. Kicking up the rpm does not make a difference. I have seen multiple videos of people who get in a bind and the hydro assist has so much power it will just move the Jeep with little steering input. Am I expecting to much from my hydro? Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hello all,
I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler. I recently installed a PSC 1.5 ram for hydro assist. I tapped the box myself and am using the factory power steering pump. Everything works great and is smooth however, I don’t feel as if the ram is doing much to help turn the wheels. I have 39x12.50x17 tires and they are easily turned on pavement at low rpm. When crawling I still get bound up and am unable to turn the tires. Kicking up the rpm does not make a difference. I have seen multiple videos of people who get in a bind and the hydro assist has so much power it will just move the Jeep with little steering input. Am I expecting to much from my hydro? Any thoughts or ideas?
My hydro assist would move my front end. There is something wrong with yours.
Hello all,
Does not sound like it is working.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hello all,
Try burping the air out of it so more. Follow the instructions on PSC's website. Hydros can be difficult to burp. Tip: Tape a funnel to the reservoir before you start and you won't get fluid mess all over when the reservoir overflows. Will stay nice and contained.

Reactions: coilrod

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hydro assist should move your entire front easily, including most offroad situations where it would bind.

Where did you tap the box? the wrong location could give you poor results.

Did you bleed the ram and lines really well? I crack the connections at the ram and cycle the steering multiple times until there are no bubbles coming out there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts