JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the glasspack has seen better days. Its getting kind of rattely and loud, but what do you expect for a $30 muffler.

I hear that the Hushpower is suppose to have a real nice note without the drone or ricer sound.. Anyone have experience with this one?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Thanks Dan. Is that the HP-2 or dBX model?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hushpower shorty hP-2 with a turn down after the muffler.. Less ricey than MBRP and no drone compared to the MAGNAFLOW. :smokin:

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've got the 24" hp2 as well, you'll be happy with it:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Heard his Jeep over the weekend :smokin: and I'd highly recommend his setup. I was going to drop you a PM over on the other board to get the 411 on your setup :beer:
Yup, just dropped the stock muffler, and cut the stock piping to fit the hushpower under the driver's door. What's really cool, is that for "road trips" I can throw the stock muffler back on in about a minute and be whisper quiet again... (except for the tires.. and the top... and the rattles... and the squeaks...)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yup, just dropped the stock muffler, and cut the stock piping to fit the hushpower under the driver's door. What's really cool, is that for "road trips" I can throw the stock muffler back on in about a minute and be whisper quiet again... (except for the tires.. and the top... and the rattles... and the squeaks...)
You get any drone at all? I put a Flowmaster on my Wife's 99 Grand when we bought it back in 99 and it sounded awesome from the outside but it was horrible in the cabin. She is a skeptical of me doing anything to the exhaust now

·
Registered
253 Posts
You get any drone at all? I put a Flowmaster on my Wife's 99 Grand when we bought it back in 99 and it sounded awesome from the outside but it was horrible in the cabin. She is a skeptical of me doing anything to the exhaust now
I get a little drone, but I think that can be remedied by running a pipe out the back... I'm actually looking at building a tailpipe that slips on just like the stock muffler....

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
So you run 2 mufflers on road trips? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm actually looking at building a tailpipe that slips on just like the stock muffler....
Thats what I did when I put the glasspack under the drivers floorboards. A pre bent 45 and a 1' straight piece and it ends at the back bumper..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts