JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these on their jeep or ever heard one on something with a V-6? I've been thinking about trying one on my jeep since everyone seems to have a magnaflow or flowmaster muffler of some kind.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I have the Flomstr Hushpower II, and it is considerably tucked out of harms way. The case is also much more durable than the stock exhaust. Install was a breeze w/ a little cut & weld time. As for the sound? Have you ever heard an '83 AstroVan on steroids? It IS a little louder and more aggressive sounding...but NO ONE will EVER think that theres a hemi in there. Att pic shows how "out of the way" it is now.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it as deep sounding as the magnaflows? I don't want it to sound like the chambered mufflers like the flowmasters or the gibsons for the JK's, their to high pitched and "ricey" sounding to suite me.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
My Flomstr hushpower II is muffler ONLY. I got it mainly to replace the HUGE stock unit and it DOES have a deeper than stock tone...+ it was only about $50. I heard a JK with the Magnaflow cat back system recently and WOW, it sounded deep/ strong...during idle and accel. But it is alot more $$ than my Flomstr. They BOTH sound better than my previous tjs (one w/ a Banks, one w/ a Gibson...both were "ricey"...like you said). I'm realitively happy w/ the Flomstr but I KNOW that I would be happiest w/ the Magnaflow catback system. It's just that the $325 for it was too much at that point in time. I believe that my Flomstr does NOT get as good mpg and hp as the Magnaflow (probably) does...since it is not a "complete" exhaust system.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, actually, I just found a sound clip of AFE's exhaust system for the Unlimited's, and I think I finally found something I like the sound of. Its deeper and more robust sounding than the chambered mufflers, but its not quite as deep sounding as the magnaflow. To me it has the same tone as the factory exhaust, just louder.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Just make sure that it is smaller or tucks in better than stock ( incl tip). I would hate to spend big $$ on anything that's as vunerable to rocks..as the stock one is. OH... Whatever you choose... for the sake of any respecting JK owner, don't install any big ol chrome tips...or your jeep will immediately begin to steer towards the mall. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts