JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking into getting these for my next set of wheels and tires and i am trying to decide on what to go with. i have already decided the 8 bolt hummer take offs from trailworthy fab but as far as looks go i dont know which ring to get or painting options. i was considering satin black on the inside with the ring painted flat black. what do you guys think. pics would be great!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
here's the thread on mine - lots of pics starting w/post #47
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45412&page=2
mine are bedlinered backside and silver hammerite front
might want to go with half rings, not nearly as cool looking, but a few lbs lighter and a lot easier on the hands and easier getting an air chuck on, etc.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more questions for guys running hummer beadlocks.

how hard is it to balance?
how long do the tires last, ( i know at 90 bucks a piece its not that big of a deal, but out of curiosity i would like to know)
how drivable is it? highway? city?

any info would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i have been looking into getting these for my next set of wheels and tires and i am trying to decide on what to go with. i have already decided the 8 bolt hummer take offs from trailworthy fab but as far as looks go i dont know which ring to get or painting options. i was considering satin black on the inside with the ring painted flat black. what do you guys think. pics would be great!
Mine are half rings with duplicolor spray liner.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The balance part has been a challenge for me. I have taken them to 2 different places and each time that aren't right. My next stop is a truck tire store to see if their machine can do a better job. If that doesn't work I will try the BBs.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
more questions for guys running hummer beadlocks.

how hard is it to balance?
how long do the tires last, ( i know at 90 bucks a piece its not that big of a deal, but out of curiosity i would like to know)
how drivable is it? highway? city?

any info would be great. thanks.
Not bad, required a LOT for 1 and normal for the rest.
No idea on the MTRs
I daily drive mine, 70-80mph with no issues at all.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Found a recent good view of mine:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm really wanting these. My biggest issue is that I doubt my 2-door will weigh enough to compress those monster 37's, as they're at LEAST E-range, right- Mark W.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Unfortunately now I can attest to their rugged-ness... Some idiot made a right in front of me and the front drivers tire caught his E150. He needs a new quarter panel, paint job, and probably has to re-mount his rear bumper. I might have to re-center my steering... :shaking:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts