JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a piece of shit. I havent had this phone for 4 months and it's already messed up. I have had nothing but problems out of it since I bought the thing. If you are thinking about buying a new phone, dont get this one. Its awful. The battery life is a damn joke. The touchscreen is screwed up. It's slow. It comes LOADED with bloatware. When you're on the phone with someone, it sounds like you are really far away or underwater. Thats not good when you are trying to talk to customers and constantly have to be in contact with the office or the boss. Very unreliable. I rate this phone a -5 stars. The only selling point is it comes with Dre Beats Audio headphones. First time I bought a droid after having an iphone for a long ass time. I like the droid but i need a better one. Any suggestions?? Cuz i sure as hell wont buy this fucking piece of trash again .

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I've had my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch since Christmas and so far it's a pretty damn decent phone. Haven't had any issues out of it yet. It's also rooted and running a different ROM, so it's a tad faster than when you first pull it out of the box. Only complaint I ahve is the radio seems to be a little weaker than I'd expect. Not a deciding factor, but definitely something that shouldn't have been skimped on.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The bloatware is likely from your carrier, as all of them customize Android quite a bit. Both my smartphones have been HTC (mytouch 3g and Inspire 4G) and I haven't had much trouble with them.

If you have a case on it, check to make sure it's not blocking the speaker. Then uninstall everything you don't need, if it lets you. AT&T installed a stupid Blockbuster Video application on mine, and I can't uninstall it.

If you're just done with the phone, and ready to go get something different, and you're a bit technically proficient, look into modifying your phone. Rootkit it, get in to it's OS, and modify it to make it work the way you want. Android is relatively easy to do that.

~SoCo

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice!!! I was told to root my phone a while back. Isn't that like jailbreaking an iphone?? If so I really liked that. But I went to Verizon today and talked to some dude on the phone and he told me I could go with a Motorola. So I went ahead and got the Razr cuz that was my second choice after the Rezound. Got it for free so I'm pretty happy about it. At least I get to keep my $150 dollar headphones that came with my Rezound :)

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Thanks for the advice!!! I was told to root my phone a while back. Isn't that like jailbreaking an iphone?? If so I really liked that. But I went to Verizon today and talked to some dude on the phone and he told me I could go with a Motorola. So I went ahead and got the Razr cuz that was my second choice after the Rezound. Got it for free so I'm pretty happy about it. At least I get to keep my $150 dollar headphones that came with my Rezound :)
Is it a better phone so far? And yes....if you want to get rid of all the bloatware that comes on your phone, you'll have to root it. You don't necessarily have to install a different ROM, but rooting gives you access to everything on the phone and allows to to erase the stuff you don't want. You may want to keep a backup of the stock apps, though, using either Titanium Backup Pro, or My Backup Pro for root users. That way if you ever need to put it back to stock, you'll have that stuff in a file.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.