JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm having the gASCAP and CEL problem right now. Two different shops, including the dealer, want me to replace the gas tank to the tune of a grand for the part, not including labor. After reading a lot of the posts, I'm thinking I'll do my own research first, and just live with the light in the meantime.

However, I met a guy yesterday who has a shop where he tunes vehicles with an HP tuner. According to him, he can disable the system so that I don't get the lights or the warnings.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I've read where disabling the system isn't likely, but this is supposed to be pretty new stuff for the HP tuners.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm probably going to get another one first - the one I picked up at the dealer seems a little iffy, like it's not sealing tightly. Still wouldn't mind hearing about anyone's experience with the tuning option. Supposedly, according to this gent, I could do away with the CAT, too, but I don't know enough about it.

·
Vendor
1,251 Posts
We can turn off the code with HPT or other software but you would be better off fixing the problem; large EVAP leaks can cause other issues and is not compliant.

You may want to check your emissions warranty first then have the system smoked, it's not common for a tank to go bad in my experience. I've seen fuel tank skid plates and tanks pretty bashed up and not leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts