JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gators are kicking A$$ and taking names. I foresee an SEC title match between the gators and bama. Winner goes to the national title match and keeps the title where it belongs: in SEC hands.

My Bucs? Hey not too shabby yesterday. Biggest comeback in franchise history (and our second kickoff return for TD!). All that w/ multiple turnovers (IN THE RED ZONE) and multiple fouls.

I FREAKING LOVE FOOTBALL.

How's your team doing?

Detroit still has a perfect record ehehehe.

Tenn? I cant help but feel like it's a fluke. Time will tell. Props at this point though.

College...Texas Tech? Are they that good or is Texas that overrated? Im an SEC fan - you know my answer. Big 12? Big 10? They have football teams? I think the ACC is a cute conference.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
:thefinger:

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Texas game was great to watch.

I love watching Texas lose, I am still bitter about them beating my team for the championship.
Dont get me started on USC. They are a good team. In a division full of powder puff teams. Makes them look like a GREAT team.

hehehehehe that otta get me in trouble.

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Not really a big deal to finally be knocked from #1- when it was such a good game. Tech is really tough. And now the pressure is off a little bit. Looking fwd to the A&M/ Longhorns game coming up! Agreed Dave, Gators are lookin good along with Ala.

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah #1 is a huge target on your back. My best friend is a bama fan (and fairweather florida fan). He was hoping texas would win cuz he didnt want his team w/ that big red x on their back.

Bama has to go play @ LSU next weekend. Can it hurry up and be Saturday?

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
What can I say? I was born to this.

My dad told me when I was a kid: "You will like the Florida gators and all SEC football and if you dont learn to eat fried eggs and grits, I'll disown you."

I am not kidding.
hahahahaa, that's awesome.

I rooted for the Gators when I was growing up (don't ask how a kid from Illinois latched onto the Gators). Actually, pretty much all the way up till we moved to Cali and my wife enrolled at USC to get her masters.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Longhorn fan here, was a good game...I don't think Florida and Alabama can play each other can they? Won't they have to play each other is the SEC Championship menaing one of them will lose?

We are pretty much screwed. if Tech loses twice, it means that Oklahoma beat them and that means they would jump us in the polls, if they don't lose twice, they go to the Big 12 Championship.....Our only hope is for them to lose to OK state, then beat Oklahoma, then lose to Mizzou....

One thing for sure, its gonna be a fun few weeks....

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah they could play each other. I dont think it'll happen, but it could.

When the gators played the Seminoles in the last game of the season in 1996, UF was #1 and FSU was #2. Noles won. Then the gators won the SEC title and moved back up to #2.

Noles and Gators rematched in the title game and - well - we all know how the turned out :).

But yeah, it'd be hard for bama and the gators to play for the title. The SEC title game would have to be like 50-49 and a lot of good teams would have to lose.

When I said the SEC would keep the national title I meant that no matter who won the SEC title game, it'd stay at home. Bama and the Gators are both good enough to keep it home.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I can't complain at all about my New York Football Giants. Coming off of an odds-defying championship season. Currently sitting atop the NFC conference with only 1 loss. Things are looking pretty good. The upcoming Philly game should be a test though.

For college, I am Ute fan. Can't complain there either. Undefeated so far this season and sitting in a possible BCS bowl appearance position. Looking forward to this Thursday night's game against TCU. It would be pretty cool if by chance the Utes got to face the Gators in a bowl game.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.