JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hi Tammy!

I will be at IOP numerous times next week. My daughter, the proff at SIUE will be flying down with hubby and another grandson on Friday. My house will filled for a day. They have rented a condo at Wild Dunes on IOP. I will be hanging there. Send me your email or if you want to text me at 309-645-6255. I will send some neat pics of beach!

JohnR
Many many years ago my family rented at Wild Dunes. Beautiful place.

Are you gonna send sweaty, nipple pics? :oops: lol!!! JK

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
It was 04:00.
Stupid birds.
That's the worst!!! When you are camping, the weather is perfect, you are snuggled in your sleeping bag in your tent out in the middle of nowhere after a day of wheeling and a night by the campfire, you can sleep in and the first chirp is followed by none stop chirps. You try really hard to channel your inner Fonzie to snap your fingers to quiet all those chirps but to no avail.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
That's the worst!!! When you are camping, the weather is perfect, you are snuggled in your sleeping bag in your tent out in the middle of nowhere after a day of wheeling and a night by the campfire, you can sleep in and the first chirp is followed by none stop chirps. You try really hard to channel your inner Fonzie to snap your fingers to quiet all those chirps but to no avail.
Benelli might help when camping. Neighbors here would be opposed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I really gotta say, weather being uncommonly warm here for the last couple of days, I'm so happy I spent 5grand on the heatpump ventilation machine last year. Steady 85F outside, which in the past would've translated to 90F inside, night and day. Now it stays at about 75 all the time. Gonna install heat block film to windows in coming days, it'll be interesting to see what that does...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I really gotta say, weather being uncommonly warm here for the last couple of days, I'm so happy I spent 5grand on the heatpump ventilation machine last year. Steady 85F outside, which in the past would've translated to 90F inside, night and day. Now it stays at about 75 all the time. Gonna install heat block film to windows in coming days, it'll be interesting to see what that does...
Which brand? Inside or exterior?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Prolly 3m if I can source it. Not sure about the inside vs outside, we have one plus two layer windows, so basically four options:
  1. Outer glass outside
  2. Outer glass inside
  3. Inner element outside
  4. Inner element inside
I looked into this when we bought our new, south facing house. My brother is an engineering type, says should go on outside, but 3M rep said Clear Heat Control and Sun Control Window Film Prestige Series go inside...so I'm not sure what we'll do.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I looked into this when we bought our new, south facing house. My brother is an engineering type, says should go on outside, but 3M rep said Clear Heat Control and Sun Control Window Film Prestige Series go inside...so I'm not sure what we'll do.
I'm guessing it's mostly about how well the film will tolerate the weather. Since I have the option on placing it between the outer glass and the inside double glass element, that's where I'd put it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts