JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. First Jeep for me, but not first 4x4. Went from GMC's in the early years to Toyota in the mid years and now Jeep for the final run. Still have a couple Toyota's, but couldn't pass on the new JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. My 4x4's usually have four doors, so you can see my level of wheeling is limited by length and cargo. My goal for the vehicle is two fold, (1) make the vehicle more capable then it is right now and (2) still leave it stock enough to see if Chrysler will honor their lifetime warranty when I'm old enough to become a road hazard. I tend to keep things a long time, I only like to spend my money once. I hope to learn enough about the right modifications / upgrades from folks on this forum and on the trail to help me stay true to my goals. One thing I know for sure, I never learn much when I'm the one talking or writing. Pleased to meet you!

Rocrat
Red 08 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Welcome Rat!

And you'll learn even more when your actually wheeling. :beer:

Lance is looking at bringing Wheeling 101 to this forum and it's users. You have an advantage as your geographic location lends itself well to a live and in person attendance. You will learn lots with your attitude. ;)

Once again, welcome.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Welcome "Rat", sounds like you just might be in my age "Group":bawling:... I'm going out of this world "Wheelin".:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the site. It's getting harder to climb in and out of my Jeep now days due to age, but they are still going to have to bury me in it. Congrates on the new JK you are going to love it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Welcome rocrat! I gotta tell ya, when Jeep came out with the 4 door, I sold MY '99 TJ and grabbed one. I got a little slack from some of my friends but I didn't give a crap. Now I don't need to rely on other people to take stuff that I can't take when going camping. Was pretty limited with the TJ.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome rocrat! This may be just an up and coming forum, but it sure has alot of experienced old geezer, I mean "Jeeper" guys as members who help us soccer mom types :innocent:! Just kidding! :hide: You'll love it here. I know I do! Again, welcome! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you for the welcome

Thank you all for the prompt welcomes. Its off to the tech section for me, I gotta get to building!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new Heep. What part of the central coast are you? I'm always looking for new people to go wheelin with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts