JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks!
I go by Poppa Alan, and I live in the southern Ozarks of Arkansas.
Just picked up a '12 JKU w/ only 50k miles on it, and dealer serviced its entire life.

Been looking around here, and have already found several mods I plan on copying, plus I might have some I haven't seen anywhere before.
Hauled my 4-wheelers from AR to Silverton,CO in September, and spent a week on back trails around Silverton, Telluride, and Ouray.
Had a BLAST, but the weather (drizzling rain @ 10k, snow flurries @ 11k, and sleet, hail, and lightning @ 12k and higher. I now understand the phrase "Stinging sleet.") made me wish for something enclosed.
Found this a week after I got back.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Cloud

Traded a 2014 SRT Charger for it, and Da Wife is NOT happy with me.
She'll come around.
Just wanted to say "Hi."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forums!

I know you said you have experience wheeling, but you might want to wheel the JKU stock first to see how you like it. Unlike most vehicles, these come from the factory ready to off-road.
Thanks for the input!
Any and all advice is welcome!
I grew up wheeling 3-wheelers and 3/4-ton work trucks.
This '12 already has a suspension lift, can't tell what brand or how much lift, but it has adjustable lower arms, a dual steering stabilizer (concerns me a little, but it drives just fine. Tires are wearing evenly as well,) and 35s. The shocks, stabilizers, and coils are silver, if that helps identify the brand.
Drives fine, very controllable.
Power is...meh... but going from 500 hp to 285 doesn't give a reasonable viewpoint, does it? But my mileage is better, and the insurance is a fraction of the SRT's.
I've already had it on some of my atv trails, and even w/o lockers, it's impressive. I'm not a hardcore rock crawler, more of a "plow through everything in my way to get where I wanna go."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts