JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm torn between a set of RockKrawler front LCA's and Poly's. I know Poly has the tried and true Johnny Joint, but how well does the RK setup hold up? I want to replace my aev control arm bracket to gain back the clearance lost. I have a set of Currie rear uppers, but for the front I'd like the RK for either the cost, or the Poly for the adjustability and proven CE joint. Both solve the clearance issue. I'm sure I can't go wrong in either case, and both have their perks, just looking for a little more info as I'm planning on ordering this coming week.

Any feedback appreciated. My concern is it is my DD, and I do somewhat excessive driving to where I don't mind some maintenance, but I don't want to have to rebuild them all the time either...~25k miles a year.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I've been using RK joints on all of my Jeeps for over 10 years. I have NEVER had to service one, nor have I had one fail. Some have been DD's and others strictly rock toys.
The tolerances are so tight on them that all you have to do is put a few drops of oil in the service ports once in a while. Keeping them somewhat clean will also help them last longer.
HIGHLY recommended!:)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been using RK joints on all of my Jeeps for over 10 years. I have NEVER had to service one, nor have I had one fail. Some have been DD's and others strictly rock toys.
The tolerances are so tight on them that all you have to do is put a few drops of oil in the service ports once in a while. Keeping them somewhat clean will also help them last longer.
HIGHLY recommended!:)
Thanks for the reply. Excellent to know as that's the way I'm leaning right now due to cost. I also found this thread after searching 20 pages of threads (that search really needs some fine tuning) http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26459&highlight=poly+control+arms

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Poly has a little bit of an edge because they can be adjusted while on the jeep, the rk's do not. I ran RK and they really are bomb proof. I am now running the new JKS arms and they are awesome, they articulate really well, and soak up road vibrations. If you are looking for a OEM style adjustable then I would check out JKS

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Set it and forget it!:thefinger:
Once the RK arms are dialed in, you shouldn't have to worry about adjustments because they absolutely will not change.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I am fan of both, however I only have direct experience with my RK setup. I'm convinced that these "solid" arms (not tubular) along my River Raider Skid Plate setup, would take/absorb the blast of a grenade or claymore from underneath! (Not that I run into that kind of action often in the East Bay, but I mean come on! You have to be prepared, right?!?!) :D The joints are solid, and my rig drives like a dream.

Highly recommended... (I have also heard nothing but good things from owners who own the Poly lifts/CA's.)

Hope this helps.

RC

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Had my RK 3 link long arm coil over kit for over a year. I've put 20K on it and have wheeled several times. Everything is very solid and I've had ZERO issues. This RK suspension is very well designed and works as advertised. I love the RK stuff. Click on my install link below to see some pics of it.:beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts