JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 30 up front, 44 LSD rear... if i was to just suck it up and get a used set off a rubi.. how hard would it be to sell these stock axles.. do people really want them?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i had to give my D30 away when I installed the Dynatrac

·
Registered
570 Posts
The only person who would want to buy a dana 30 would be someone who broke one. I could barely give mine away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had to give my D30 away when I installed the Dynatrac
I'm figurin' on using mine to build somethin' stupid. :D
The only person who would want to buy a dana 30 would be someone who broke one. I could barely give mine away.
fack. i dont know how im gonna convince myself to spend that kind of mula if i ont get anything for the axles. guess ill just sleeve it, truss it, gussets..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Before you get down...I just sold a pair for $750 out of my sport. Granted mine had 3.73’s and a factory posi (or whatever it’s called), but they still sold. Here’s what they’re good for - CJ’s, XJ’s, ZJ’s

Details for fuel when people come over::

The guys who have earlier year XJ’s. They came with what’s called a Dana 30 CAD (Center Axle Disconnect). It might just be the worst axle ever put in the front of a jeep. It has a vacuum actuated shift fork to put it into 4x4. The long side tube is two piece and not very strong. Later year XJs still didn’t have ideal axles because they have smaller u joints in their axles. Unit bearings (hubs) cause the driveshaft to always spin even when not in 4x4. This puts a lot of miles on that shaft. The latest XJ’s were low pinion...big said. A JK 30 is dramatically better than all 3 especially if you truss it.

For the rear the XJ’s had 35’s or the Chrysler 8.25 both of which were turds. Some had C-clip axles. All had smaller axle tubes and weak 27-spline axle shafts. The JK 44 is a dramatic improvement in all regards.

Not to bore everyone...most Jeep ZJ’s has shit axles too. Rear was either a 35 or an aluminum centered 44. Fronts were 30’s.

You’re looking for a specific buyer though. You have to be patient, price then right and work the price down. If you don’t have 3.73’s (most have 3.42’s I think) you may not get as much but I’d still expect you could get $500 for the pair if you sell them loaded.

Good luck.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
3.21 geared are pretty cheaply had. Front/rear $500ish together. You can get more if 3.73 or 4.10 ratio.

If they were a bit more narrow I would make a go throwing a set under the tj.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts