JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2007 Rubicon, black, 2-door, 6-speed
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2007, 2-door Rubicon this year. First Jeep. The driver's side upper door had a hole in the plastic and after a rain storm I thought that caused the water I saw inside. So... bought new upper doors. After the next rain storm (it was a big one) there was standing water in the front floorboards. I can have a nuke and pave approach to problem solving sometimes so since I had a top that leaked, I immediately ordered up a new BesTop. Also purchased a new weatherstripping piece that goes at the top of the windshield frame.

I still have rain making its way inside. 馃が

The frame that BesTop provided for the upper part of the doors has a channel that runs along most of the upper edge. Well, it's right at that forward most point that water gets in.
Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

The point where that drop forms is inside the weatherstripping for the upper door. When the doors are shut the seal isn't tight enough to stop the rain getting in.

Solution ideas?

I'm wondering if I should just get some foam to stick in there?

I'm thinking about a lift in the near future... set it up so the front end is high enough that the channel drains to the rear? Shouldn't need too extreme of a rake to change that drainage point.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Cloud Sky

Put a set of full doors on? I've done a little searching for those. I haven't found a source for doors that are just ready to drop in and going through the parts catalog and assembling an entire set of doors seems way pricey.

Buy BesTop's upper doors? Maybe they'll seal a little better to their own door frames. (And then the upper doors will match the rest of the top 馃槅)

Registered
2007 Rubicon, black, 2-door, 6-speed
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That鈥檚 useful. Thanks!

paypal me $16k and they鈥檙e yours!

Registered
Bought a 2007, 2-door Rubicon this year. First Jeep. The driver's side upper door had a hole in the plastic and after a rain storm I thought that caused the water I saw inside. So... bought new upper doors. After the next rain storm (it was a big one) there was standing water in the front floorboards. I can have a nuke and pave approach to problem solving sometimes so since I had a top that leaked, I immediately ordered up a new BesTop. Also purchased a new weatherstripping piece that goes at the top of the windshield frame.

I still have rain making its way inside. 馃が

The frame that BesTop provided for the upper part of the doors has a channel that runs along most of the upper edge. Well, it's right at that forward most point that water gets in.
View attachment 365625

View attachment 365626

The point where that drop forms is inside the weatherstripping for the upper door. When the doors are shut the seal isn't tight enough to stop the rain getting in.

Solution ideas?

I'm wondering if I should just get some foam to stick in there?

I'm thinking about a lift in the near future... set it up so the front end is high enough that the channel drains to the rear? Shouldn't need too extreme of a rake to change that drainage point.
View attachment 365627

Put a set of full doors on? I've done a little searching for those. I haven't found a source for doors that are just ready to drop in and going through the parts catalog and assembling an entire set of doors seems way pricey.

Buy BesTop's upper doors? Maybe they'll seal a little better to their own door frames. (And then the upper doors will match the rest of the top 馃槅)
Very nice looking rig!

I've replied on this site that when water was entering my JKU hardtop - as suggested by others here - I got some foam tape from NAPA [AmeriSeal Nitrile Camper Tape #11140, 1 1/4 x 3/16 x 26'] , and used it to redirect the water flow to the outside along the door channel. I realize that this is sort of an apples/oranges comparison, but perhaps a piece of the foam in the area of your photo detail may be a place to start? Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts