JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fairly heavy toolbox in the back and I don't see any available tie-downs to hold it down during bouncy rides. Is anyone bolting through the floor? Or coming up with other ideas?

Thanks,

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I bolted my air tank through the floor. Since it is so solid I use the legs to hold down everything else.

Some where I thought I saw some floor clamps that are "supposed" to be included with JK's but seem to be mysteriously missing.

I would DEFINITELY bolt down a heavy tool box. That would hurt when other wise you shouldn't get hurt.

Maybe bolting down some d-rings would be better???? Then you could bolt down anything.:beer:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Maybe get some plate steel to spread the load on the underside of the floor and drill and bolt some type of d-ring as Michael suggest or other tie down.

If you wanted to tackle it, you could cut out a small square and weld in recessed d-rings, although with carpet it might not matter.... but would make for some cool tech.:D

Things like the tuffy security drawer and the frig mounts simply bolt through the floor, so it's not really a big deal. Just don't drill into anything you need underneath.

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, from underneath it looks pretty wide open as to what I can bolt on. I like the idea of a load distribution subplate welded on from underneath, then bolt thru with some smaller D-rings and cut clearance holes in the carpet.

Mike, did you bolt your tank inside? Or underneath?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
It is bolted inside. I have a plan about using the "trunk" space for air later down the road, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Besides I'm wrestling with extra battery storage to boot. :shaking:

Don't forget you already have some bolts through the floor in the cargo area on the rear of the backseat.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Don't forget you already have some bolts through the floor in the cargo area on the rear of the backseat.
Wonder if you could replace those with some eyebolts for a quick way to have something to hook to?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a floor rack in the works, it is similar to our rear cargo rack but mounted to the floor with slides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts