JKOwners Forum banner

How to properly get a JK STUCK!

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Alec W 
#1 ·
Went out for a little off road fun on Sunday. Has a blast and got stuck, well more like buried. The sand mud combo just gave nothing to bite into. I had to be winched out. I got a little water inside, about 2" and was really impressed that the doors sealed as good as they did.

A quick rinse of the floor and all was good. I did "sand" the heck out of my back drivers side rim, but no big deal was going to black them out anyway.

All in all a great day, doesn't get any better than getting a little off road time in!

A few more from the day.

I wasn't the only one who got stuck so I got to at least return the faver to others and do a little winch work of my own.

See less See more
#6 ·
yeah you NEED to move that snorkel up on your list :laughing: You're lucky the drivers side was the low side there, if the passenger side dropped that low you'd be 3in tops from the intake, oh and btw the belt spinning under water like that is shooting water all around under your hood and the intake is like a vacuum.

Check your front diff for water contamination, looks like u were right at the top of the breather line there.

is FL the wettest state or what? lol

#7 ·
Actually, I was just turning around. There was actually a bottom you could walk on around the Jeep, it just dug down / sank that low. About 5 feet in front of me it actually got more shallow.

I was amazed that the air cleaner was clean and no water got in.

This was my limit...actually about six inches more than my limit...lol!

#13 ·
Yeah, you need to move the snorkel up on your list, immediately...;)

#21 · (Edited)
nice job!:D Florida does have allot of swampland to wheel in, thank God. if you have a 6 speed i would say you need to change the fluid. believe me i know. BTW have you checked out the firewall in these jeeps, its water tight for a reason!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.