JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on adding two subs in my jeep, but because of money I would like to do it one sub at a time

So if my final result will be two 300 watt RMS (2 ohm) subs, what would be the best way to power them off of one amp?

And how can I use this same amp to safely power just one of the subs before I get the second?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Get either a one ohm or a 4 ohm stable amp. Hooking in series will be a one ohm load. But for most of the jeeps for sound quality i'd recommend a 500watt at 4ohms hook them up in parallel and you'll be good. You'll want a monoblock amp

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Two 2-ohms in series would give a 4-ohm load and in parallel would create a 1-ohm load, right? At least that was the way it was back in the day. Did they change electricity?
When you were on your trip.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would personally just get the amp you want, then bridge it, or better yet get a mono amp. Just keep the gain down and don't bump it until you get the other sub in there. once you have the other sub keep it bridged, you don't want a sub on each channel, weird things happen and with newer music most of the low end is mono anyways. i use to have 3 subs running off one bridged am and it slammed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts