JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to home depot and purchased rubber foam weather seal its $4bucks http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66391

Then i ran it down the window channel on both sides. Choose a foam that is a little larger since it will contour and squeeze. This will keep the water out. It might take a few attempts to get the foam in the correct spots to stop your leak.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Vehicle door Car

Ihope this will help some of you.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
I used a similar fix on my '08 works great for awhile but after some time and the opening and closing of the doors and summer heat the foam breaks down and glue falls off. I looked for rubber weather stripping to use in the place of the foam but couldn't find one that would work in this area. After i installed the metal header channel my leaks stopped, but it appears from the interior photo you have a '11 plus Jeep. Another member on here had his leak in the area you took a photo of and he had his doors adjusted and his leak stopped.

·
Banned
5 Posts
We want o fix some of your leaks in any technique using so we will innovative action determine so be conscious and having a perfect action taking as consult any perfect mechanics so be happy for best.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I need to do this to my '08. When it rains steadily I get water trickling in the passenger side at the top front corner of the door. I also have a little coming down in between the layered plastic trim on the driver's side A pillar. I have narrowed it down to that corner where the front of the freedom panels meet the door jam stripping at the top front corner of the doors. It comes in when the door is closed and then really drips when I open the door. Its a low point that channels water on both sides. I see you ran the weather stripping on the passenger side, starting just a few inches back from that corner. Would it help to run all the way along the top of the door jam? Does it act as a guide for any dripping water to collect and stream down the stripping to the bottom of the door jam and outside? I'm noticing my carpets are pretty soggy and I don't like driving with my feet feeling like they are in a bog...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Update: on sunday I put in rubber weather stripping from lowes and sprayed on some silicone spray that waterproofs and protects. Seeing as how I live in the great NW w have had rain every day since and period to say not a drop inside! I followed the same pattern as the pics above and it is working great

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update: on sunday I put in rubber weather stripping from lowes and sprayed on some silicone spray that waterproofs and protects. Seeing as how I live in the great NW w have had rain every day since and period to say not a drop inside! I followed the same pattern as the pics above and it is working great
OK, I am a "newbie" on this site, and wanting a new Rubicon Unlimited...
but, what should a buyer do proactively to avoid water leaks - warranty issues?? Will Dealers pro-actively put in door weather seals, etc??

Thanks for advice!!

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
what should a buyer do proactively to avoid water leaks - warranty issues?? Will Dealers pro-actively put in door weather seals, etc??
Don't get your Jeep wet.

No.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.