JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next question for tonight....

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has water pouring onto the door sill whenever I open a front door? I have a hard top and it looks like the rain gutter on the side ends just early enough that the water drops from there right to the interior of the front doors. Any solution to this annoyance?

I know....live with it. But I figured I'd ask just in case there is a solution to this one of the many JK shortcomings by Chrysler/Jeep.

· Registered
1,370 Posts
^^^^ Park on a hill. It doesn't matter which way. My driveway has between 2* to 10* incline. Sucks when trying to work on the Jeep, but keeps water from collecting on the hardtop or soft top.

Getting hit in the ass by the tailgate and tire swing is another PITA. Yeah, I should probably throw down the $70 for a tailgate strut. Instead I look for parking spots that slope down to the passenger's side and it takes care of both problems.

· Registered
348 Posts
I pulled the carpet and bedlined the inside. Now I don't give a crap about drips, leaks or downpours.

The thing I could never figure out with the drip rail is why they made it the way they did? Why put a drip rail on the top if it diverts water into the Jeep. Did they not test it out before putting it into production? I don't get it. I think the top would have let less water into the Jeep if they would have eliminated the drip rail all together verse what they've done.

· Premium Member
5,163 Posts
I give the jeep a good rock before entering. Works ok.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing I could never figure out with the drip rail is why they made it the way they did? Why put a drip rail on the top if it diverts water into the Jeep. Did they not test it out before putting it into production? I don't get it. I think the top would have let less water into the Jeep if they would have eliminated the drip rail all together verse what they've done.
EXACTLY my thought!

· Premium Member
5,163 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.