JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember on the other forum someone posted how to read the OBD codes on the dash.

Something like, left blinker, on, off, on right blinker......you know one of those things.

Anyone know or remember how?

It is the same process for changing your auto lock and un lock for the doors I think.

Thanks in advance:beer::beer:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
turn the key on (but don't start), then push the key inward and while holding it pushed in, turn it off & on 3 times, ending with it in the on position

After that, all the dash lights light up, and the odometer will have a series of dashes. Then the dashes will be replaced codes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COOL that worked!

Now how do I find out what P 0138 is?:pissed:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it, F-IN O2 sensor:pissed:

To the dealer tomorrow I guess:shaking:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have p0058 and u1418 right now need to find a good dealer anyways.
I know it's a drive from Fallbrook but I love the guys at Redlands Jeep.

I used to go to Riverside where I bought the Jeep, but the service guys who "wheel all the time and are badd a##" would never help a guy out:shaking:

Never had a problem at Redlands, shoot they even warantied a broken axel shaft for me no questions. Matter of fact, he told me to go break the other one so I could have all new ones. Can't beat that!:beer::beer:

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I know it's a drive from Fallbrook but I love the guys at Redlands Jeep.

I used to go to Riverside where I bought the Jeep, but the service guys who "wheel all the time and are badd a##" would never help a guy out:shaking:

Never had a problem at Redlands, shoot they even warantied a broken axel shaft for me no questions. Matter of fact, he told me to go break the other one so I could have all new ones. Can't beat that!:beer::beer:
cool I'll look into it going to see if they will warranty the front driveshaft on sat then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Using the system of key turns described above I learned that my error code is P 2135 or throttle position sensor 1/2 correlation.
OK here's my question.
WTF does that mean and wtf do I do about it?
Thanks
kink

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
the TPS seems to be failing quite a bit on the JK. I think that will be a quick and painless warranty deal

EDIT: oh and to answer the what does it mean...the TPS has multiple refrences that they use. It is different on some vehicles but I belive the Jeep has three refrences that it compares. That code is saying that the refrence from TPS 1 and 2 are not in line with each other indicating something is off somewhere. I am guessing it is a faulty code as I have seen the TPS fail so often on the JK.

YOu may want to take a look at your airfilter though. Is it been replaced recently? Do you use a K&N filter? If so, you may want to check the air flow sensor and be sure there is no oil on it. That is going out on a limb a bit as I still say the issue is just a bad TPS. Normally if there was another issue that would trip the TPS CEL there would be another code thrown. Was that the only code?

·
Registered
494 Posts
turn the key on (but don't start), then push the key inward and while holding it pushed in, turn it off & on 3 times, ending with it in the on position

After that, all the dash lights light up, and the odometer will have a series of dashes. Then the dashes will be replaced codes.
I couldn't get it to work on mine. Does this only work if there are stored codes?

When you say turn it on, are you talking the run or accessory position?

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
My uderstanding is this will not work with any stored or saved codes. Only with currently active codes while the CEL is lit

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I couldn't get it to work on mine. Does this only work if there are stored codes?

When you say turn it on, are you talking the run or accessory position?
I think it's the second click. Definitely the one just before it would turn the starter. So if you go one before start, thats the "on" position.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts