JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey now...................on our 2010 Rubicon the readout on the dash now states " CHANGE OIL " and she only has 2500 miles. Any idea's on how to remove that warning... It only comes on when we start the jeep.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
seek out a magical text. it should be in your glovebox. in it are the answers you seek.

lol check the manual. it should tell you how to reset the light. some combination of depressing the accelerator 3 times in 10 seconds i believe....

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
1) change the oil
2) read the owners manual
3) turn the key 'on', hit the gas pedal to the floor 3x
4)key off

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
also, from what ive read that thing comes on at different intervals for different ppl. i tend to just reset it when it comes up
it's calculated. cold starts, miles, engine load, etc.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
it's calculated. cold starts, miles, engine load, etc.
I still argue that
mine has come on ONCE in 41,000 miles.
pulled trailers, lots of wheeling, lots of cold starts and lots of miles.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
I still argue that
mine has come on ONCE in 41,000 miles.
pulled trailers, lots of wheeling, lots of cold starts and lots of miles.
The manual says it's duty cycle rated. Maybe yours is just broken.:D I change our oil every 4500-5000mi and it's only come on twice I think. I always reset it just in case.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Good Idea to do a break in oil change by 2500 miles. I usually do one at 1000 miles! After that every 5k is probably about right.

·
Registered
169 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ what he said.. you always need to do a break in where you drive it easy for the first 1000 miles and then change the oil and then between 3k and then every 3 to 5k miles after that.. but thats just me i baby everything that takes a fluid and run only full synthetic... but i was raised by an old school mechanic where back then it was every 3k miles for an oil change

1 - 11 of 11 Posts