JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at buying an 08 JK Unlimited and I am going to have the stealership have some work done to it before I purchase and I need some specifics. I really want to clear a 35" but I would like to keep the overall height of the jeep to under 6'8". Reason behind this is that the parking deck to my office has a low ceiling :( . So if you could post up the height and modifications of your JK so that I can see what route I should go, I would greatly appreciate it. Please be as specific as possible on your mods. I know that not all lifts etc.. are the same. Also I want to run the hard top if that will come into play in the overall height. Thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have a 2dr X, SoftTop and it has a 2.5" BB and 35" Xterrains. Before I added any protection items the Jeep was slightly shorter than me (best i remember) and I am 6'6". I know I come REALLY close to the 6'8" warning barrier at parking decks with the angles of the pavement and such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was afraid of. Anyone know how much the hardtop will add to this and also any difference in 2 door and 4 door height? I think the deck is higher on the bottom floor so I may come up here on the weekend and measure it lol. Thanks for the info Bigjerm! Any other input or specifics are greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have no trouble whatsoever getting under a 6'8" barrier with my four door. Unfortunately it's because I still have the 27" minivan tires on it. :bawling:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hey JamesD...welcome to the site! I have a Full Traction 3" lift with heavy duty front springs and 35" tires (well, specifically they're 34.5"). The highest point on my soft top above the sound bar is 6'-6". Can't comment on the hard top...don't have one.

By the way. I got a fever...and the only prescription...is more cowbell. :csmile:

G

·
0 Posts
I have a 2 door Rubicon hardtop. I'm running 35" Goodyear MTRs and a 3.5" RE lift. Right now it measures about 6' 3" to the top of the roof. I have heavy front and rear bumpers, a winch on front and right now have a Hi-Lift and 5 gallons of gas on the back along with probably 100 lbs of crap in the back and a full tank (no driver or passenger when measured, though). So, it would probably sit a bit higher if empty.

A

·
0 Posts
4 ½ Poly lift, 37s, unlimited and a soft top with no aftermarket bumpers yet to load it down and I’m at 81”

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I expect to drop to about where you are once I add bumpers and "stuff"
Yup, you'll be close. My KM2's are on the way and I'll most probably pick up ½" or so once they are on. Which will put me at 80", which is where I expect you'll end up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome info guys! This definately puts things into perspective. Thanks again

Blue Oyster Cult + Will Ferrell = AWESOME;

1 - 12 of 12 Posts