JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys pretty new to this.I want to do a moderate lift,2.5 to3".What is the best way?Do I need different shocks?The Jeep only has 19,000 miles.Thanks for the help.....Mac

·
Registered
258 Posts
What are your goals? What size tire do you want to clear? Will you offroad every weekend or once a year or never? Will your off roading be extreme or just the occasional bump/rock? Is articulation important to you? Do you want to maintain on road handling characteristics close to stock or not? Want a firmer ride or something more plush?

What I'm getting at is nobody should be able to give you decent advice until we know what YOU want to be able to do in your Jeep. Fill us in with a little more of the story...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If you plan on wheeling it, I would get a kit that has replacement springs and shocks. If you don't wheel it, a "Budget Boost" will do you fine. A BB is a set of spacers that go on top of the coils to give you more lift. Just make sure you get new shocks with it.
If you do a search on here, there is plenty of great info on BB's and coil replacements.
Good luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No real hard wheeling,I go to Colorado once a year so highway driving comfort is a plus.Colorado consists of doing the Alpine Loop and surrounding areas,Black Bear pass and others I have done in a stock rented Jeep,but would like just a little more piece of mind for my own vehicle.I do off road on occasion,but nothing ever very rough.Just wanted a little more clearance and maybe going to a larger tire in the future.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
sounds like a budget boost would be best for you if you are only doing the light stuff.

i have seen people do a lot with those lifts... just know that a BB may lead to other more 'complete' lifts in the future if you get the wheeling bug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts