JKOwners Forum banner

How often do you use your CB

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Today with cell phones a CB isn't all that mainstream. However on the trail a CB is like a Condom!

It's better to have one and not use it, than to need one and not have it!

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I had to go with bacon....

I use mine when on the trail and when there is a traffic jam... to find out what it is and how to get around it. So it is very intermittent to say the least. I am glad that I have it though.

BACON!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I agree with all of the above. It is required by many clubs just like a spare tire. It is good to have when you need it, and has gotten me around a couple major traffic jams, and gets used on the trail too. I actually use the weather band on the CB more than the regular CB.

With that said, I'm going to buy a 2m ham radio pretty soon. I already passed the Technician and General tests. CB won't reliably reach other groups on the same trail, let alone off the mountain and into town where you could actually get help. When my fan burned up at Uwharrie, we ended up using the blackberry to call a friend to bring a pusher fan from the auto parts store. With the 2m radio, there are several repeaters in range and I could get someone to call a friend for me if the cell phone doesn't work.

More power, smaller antennas, better quality radios, and an easy test with no Morse code. Why not do it?

Bryan.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Everytime I wheel with someone else. Usually a few times a week, it's a really nice thing to have. I hate wheelin' with someone that doesn't have a radio!

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Everytime I wheel with someone else. Usually a few times a week, it's a really nice thing to have. I hate wheelin' with someone that doesn't have a radio!

I always bring my hand held just in case someone does not have one.... also works nice when someone has one that breaks. Seen a couple of antennas knocked off... tossed them the hand held and kept on wheelin'.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Bacon

I Like Bacon! :fj:

I seldom turn on my CB unless I'm on the trail with a group. :jeep1: :jeep2: :cruiser1: :jeep2: :cruiser1:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I only hook up mine when I go wheelin'. I have a small one that I attach to a mounting bracket above the rearview mirror with quick-disconnect electrical connectors. I store it away when not in use.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I use mine for trail runs only
I adapted the mount over to fit my police scanner and have the scanner on whenever I'm in the Jeep
Takes about 2 minutes to swap em out for trail runs

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i run highways everyday! i use my CB all the time. works better than a radar for the cops and you know what lane is closed for an accident etc. On the trails its a must!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Even on trail rides guys don't use them to much. 2 way radios are a little more popular even though I leave both on during a ride. Otherwise it's just something else to be stolen out of the jeep.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Use it at least a couple of times a week. Everytime on trail.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Mainly use it for the weather band, unless I'm in a new group I use FRS.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I use the CB and/or GMRS whenever on a club run. I also use it in traffic jams to find out whats going on.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I only use the CB when im on trail or a convoy up to a trail, thats really it. Sometimes I listen to the weather stations

1 - 20 of 38 Posts