JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ouch. I watched a call pull a cover down on his truck almost the same way. It was at a cheap motel my brother and I stayed out while working down in Pensacola, FL. The parking lot was U shaped with an exit on each end and the middle was the cover area for the front desk entrance. He pulled his Dodge through and had some tall piece of equipment on the trailer. He managed to stop before yanking it all the way over....

After they got it rebuilt, my brother and I put siding (supplied by them) on it and they gave us 2 free weeks stay :smokin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello..insurance company..am I covered for ATM damage?

:laughing:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got this in my work email this morning. I would say the guy is dead or nearly so, the cab crushed flat to the frame on the drivers side. Watch again in slomo...

Anyone know where this happened? Surely something this "Darwinian" would have hit the news.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Well...I feel like a POS for injecting humor into this thread if the person(s) in that vehicle were indeed seriously injured or God forbid...killed. Very sorry if this was the case. I don't take injury, safety, or DEATH lightly, as I have first hand experience w/ all of these elements. I guess that I (and others) should not always be so quick with a "jab". I never meant to offend and have already said a prayer for the people possibly involved in that video. Thank You- John L. for presenting the other (dark) side of this clip. I will go back and try to delete my REPLY if able.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well...I feel like a POS for injecting humor into this thread if the person(s) in that vehicle were indeed seriously injured or God forbid...killed. Very sorry if this was the case. I don't take injury, safety, or DEATH lightly, as I have first hand experience w/ all of these elements. I guess that I (and others) should not always be so quick with a "jab". I never meant to offend and have already said a prayer for the people possibly involved in that video. Thank You- John L. for presenting the other (dark) side of this clip. I will go back and try to delete my REPLY if able.
No worries, I thought what you said was kinda funny. I'm glad that they got out OK, I guess the guy was quick with the seatbelt according to the article.

Now, what would have happened if he were on a cell phone? Do you think he could have reacted quickly enough to save his or his son's life?

I'm all about the dark side, they have cookies!!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
You guys are all too freakin cool!!! Between this and the new guy ( just a kid) it almost brings tears...You guys are truly sincere...the best. THANKS

·
Registered
147 Posts
Talk about not paying enough attention to your trailer and load. I know it happens but there was plenty of room to swing wider to get past that. He just cut the corner going around too close. It happens, not as frequently as folks popping the curb but it happens.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Talk about not paying enough attention to your trailer and load. I know it happens but there was plenty of room to swing wider to get past that. He just cut the corner going around too close. It happens, not as frequently as folks popping the curb but it happens.
When I watched it I thought the guy was trying for the ATM. Still a BIG mistake but not like I thought.

Thank God they are both ok! I saw the awning crush the cab and thought he was a gonner.

·
Registered
147 Posts
When I watched it I thought the guy was trying for the ATM. Still a BIG mistake but not like I thought.

Thank God they are both ok! I saw the awning crush the cab and thought he was a gonner.
No look close it (the top of the camper) clips the outside corner. I think he was going around and cut too close. It also looks as if it was just the drivers side that got crushed. Now I can't be sure without pictures/video from other angles but it looks like a simple mistake and not being a dumbass that caused it.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
No look close it (the top of the camper) clips the outside corner. I think he was going around and cut too close. It also looks as if it was just the drivers side that got crushed. Now I can't be sure without pictures/video from other angles but it looks like a simple mistake and not being a dumbass that caused it.
Sorry my response got lost in translation:laughing: I was actually agreeing with you.....

What I meant was before you pointed out what happened I thought he was trying for the ATM. Afterward it was obvious he just caught the corner.

And by still being a BIG mistake, I meant it caused a lot of damage and nearly squished him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts