JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 2007 Unlimited Rubi, just wondering what people feel like would be too many miles, it will be a secondary vehicle, when do the problems start, trans brakes, ect. I know it can very a bunch but just looking for some advice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
try edmunds.com Its a pretty handy starting point for used car values. I've always used it and had pretty accurate estimates

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
here's the thing about mileage IMO... once you start modding your JK it won't matter... things are going to break!!! I don't think I've heard of any issue that happens after a certain # of miles... most things break before that due to wheeling and mods.

plus... if something does break... theres always a better aftermarket replacement part out there... a LOT of vendors for Jeep JK's!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
$80,000 would definitely be too much to spend.

Good luck with your search.
Really?:shaking:

To the OP, there really isn't a "price" you should be paying. The only question you should ask yourself is what's it worth to YOU? If you think you're getting a good deal, go for it. If you think it's a little high and still really want the truck, then even spending a few extra bucks won't matter.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advise, where is the best place to look, I have been watching CL, Ebay, and this site, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just picked up a 2008 Rubicon with 25k mi both hard and soft top for 25k. I had been looking for a few months and found this one plus it is a manual. I agree what is it worth to you? Mine was and is worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks for the advise, where is the best place to look, I have been watching CL, Ebay, and this site, any other suggestions?
I got an awesome deal on my rubicon from Carmax. If you have one local to you, I would keep an eye there, and on other ones within the free transfer area. I think you can even save searches and get alerts if something pops up. Seems like a lot of cars end up on www.autotrader.com too, but not a ton of private party sales

·
Owner: TWF
621 Posts
Go to pirate4x4.com I've seen some well built stuff on there of late that has been priced right. I have bought a lot of stuff off of ebay over the years but I also know the right questions to ask. anything but a car lot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I will check some of these sites, ya I am getting out of Early Broncos for a while we now have three kids and need a four door to fit everyone, I knew the questions to ask with the Broncos, and I am starting to learn some important jeep questions.
Again thanks for all the advice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts