JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And if you didn't, why not?

Dear Robert Sutter,

If you are receiving this e-mail, it is because you sent in a letter through the Pirate4x4.com letter generator in response to the Smokey the Bear Public Service announcement.

Because of YOUR letter, which was one of over 200 sent in within two days through Pirate4x4.com, the Ad Council has removed the Smokey the Bear PSA from all its ad outlets and the Forest Service has requested the media to stop airing the PSA.

Stopping the use of this misguided Public Service Announcement was no small feat! That success is because of your efforts. Thank you for taking the time to use the Pirate letter generator and for helping to keep the anti-recreationists elements from further damaging the OHV reputation in the eyes of the public.

The letter generator was created through a partnership of Pirate4x4.com (www.pirate4X4.com), the largest off-road website in the world, and the BlueRibbon Coalition (www.sharetrails.org), which is the organization on the forefront of the battle for public access to public lands. We hope that you will use the letter generator in the future to help all types of OHV users retain their access all across the nation.

Please occasionally check the Pirate4x4.com website for future letter campaigns, and help us spread the word to fight for our access. In the next few days we will be starting another campaign to fight the Eastern Sierra and Northern San Gabriel Wild Heritage Act. Please take the time to use the letter generator at www.pirate4x4.com/letters to help us fight this useless closure of public lands.

Thank you again for your involvement! Well done!

Kurt Schneider
Pirate4x4.com Land-use Officer
The Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Greg Mumm
Executive Director
BlueRibbon Coalition

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I got one! I also sent 2 or 3 letters sooo, yeah. EVERYONE should have got one because I know EVERYONE took 1 minute out of their busy day to use letter generator to help protect our image and right to the national forest. Doesn’t matter if the issue or closure is in your state or not, we all need to fight as one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I sent one, but I didn't get a reply.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hrmmmm.... seeing from the overwhelming response this thread has gotten it seems that not may of you got involved to fight Smokey. Well folks, you've got another opportunity to throw your hat in the ring and help fight to save more of the precious trails that are being stolen from us.

The Pirate letter generator is back in action to fight the Boxer McKeon Wilderness Bill which will steal vast areas and miles of trails from OHV users in California.

Okay, so you don't live in California. SO WHAT! :laughing: I live in Massachusetts folks. We've got trails... like maybe 5 of them. :bawling: :shaking: The chances that I'll drive out to Cali to wheel these areas is slim. But you know what? I want that option and so should you!

Show that you care about our trails. Take a few minutes out of your life and please participate to save our trails. Lets see if this thread can stay at the top of Chit-Chat for a while. After you've finished your letter via the letter generator post a simple "Done" here. lets make this a multi-multi page thread folks! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I hope everyone jumps on this. It takes more than 1 person to fight the issues here. We have to all fight together no matter if this is in your backyard or not.

Every time they close 1 trail it just gives them more power, more momentum, and "practice" on how to go about the next round of closures. Other than groups here and there, Friends of the (Enter name here), the OHV community has not put up much resistance. Fight now or enjoy nothing but mall crawlers in the future and private parks with insane entry fees and have to book months in advance for a weekend ride.

A

·
0 Posts
Bigger question is how many people donate to groups like the BRC?

Sent:Wed 8/06/08 11:37 AM
To: [email protected]

Dear Alec Wallis,

If you are receiving this e-mail, it is because you sent in a letter through the Pirate4x4.com letter generator in response to the Smokey the Bear Public Service announcement.

Because of YOUR letter, which was one of over 200 sent in within two days through Pirate4x4.com, the Ad Council has removed the Smokey the Bear PSA from all its ad outlets and the Forest Service has requested the media to stop airing the PSA.

Stopping the use of this misguided Public Service Announcement was no small feat! That success is because of your efforts. Thank you for taking the time to use the Pirate letter generator and for helping to keep the anti-recreationists elements from further damaging the OHV reputation in the eyes of the public.

The letter generator was created through a partnership of Pirate4x4.com (www.pirate4X4.com), the largest off-road website in the world, and the BlueRibbon Coalition (www.sharetrails.org), which is the organization on the forefront of the battle for public access to public lands. We hope that you will use the letter generator in the future to help all types of OHV users retain their access all across the nation.

Please occasionally check the Pirate4x4.com website for future letter campaigns, and help us spread the word to fight for our access. In the next few days we will be starting another campaign to fight the Eastern Sierra and Northern San Gabriel Wild Heritage Act. Please take the time to use the letter generator at www.pirate4x4.com/letters to help us fight this useless closure of public lands.

Thank you again for your involvement! Well done!

Kurt Schneider
Pirate4x4.com Land-use Officer
The Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Greg Mumm
Executive Director
BlueRibbon Coalition

·
Registered
11,064 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Damn you guys are sharp...I didn't catch that bot at first or second glance....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts