JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i think as of currently there are about 300 million companys making a freakin mud tire... I saw a thread from Pro Armor and they had got some GBC Kanati mud hogs. never heard of them before so i checked out the website and was just looking around for them. A) could not find a place that actually sold them (other than discount, but i really dont feel like making a phone call right now) and i instead stumbled upon like 3 other types of decent looking mud tires...

has anyone heard of Summit tires? i dont know if its like Summit Racings tire line, but i could not find them on the summit website, i did however find them here
http://www.summittire.us/Pages II/mudsnow.html
Looks like a pretty legit looking tire, and it comes in a 35/17.

Next tire was the Pinnacle Grizzly Grip M/T. Ive been looking around, cant find these in any size bigger than like a 285, but i just keep stumbling upon more and more with every search. here is what they look like
http://www.amazon.com/75R16-PINNACLE-GRIZZLY-GRIP-120Q/dp/B006CQZV9Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

And i also found these, The FEDERAL tire couragia Mud Terrain. i dont really like the look of these as much, but it was a mud tire so F it.
https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop.php?action=findCombined

The reason why i am posting these is not necessarily because i want to choose between one, im really leaning more toward Nitto Trail T/A's, but all of these tires are between 200-300$ per tire and they are never talked about. The Summit Tire, IMO is the best looking tire from the weird list of oddball tires i posted. but how many other random offbrand good tires are out there?

Sorry for the Random ass post, but it just struck my curiosity :thefinger:

Post up if you have any offbrand weirdo's!

·
Registered
199 Posts
That Kanati and the Summitt look like the same tire. The Pinnacle looks like a copy of the Hankook DynaPro MT that won FourWheeler magazine's tire shootout.

It is interesting how many different brands there are that are the same tire and probably come out of the same factory.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
...And i also found these, The FEDERAL tire couragia Mud Terrain....

I gotta say, they are not the best looking tire out there. But the Federals are a great riding and performing tire.

A friend of mine had them on a heavy ass Discovery II, and he was able to go any where we went.
(We all run KM2's, GY Kevlar MT's, Trail Grapp's, and MT MTZ's on our JK's)
...and they are barely louder than my KM2's on the street.

Just my 2 cents... but a great tire for the $$$

Loudness Edit: Ok... the Couragia MT's I am comparing to my BFG's w' 40k on them , were brand new. So as they age they could get loud as shit. :suicide:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just gotta watch some of the lesser known tire brands..they AT TIMES can take huge amounts of weight to balance, can be out of round, lots of blemishes. But usually they are ok

1 - 6 of 6 Posts