JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how long of a cable I will need to run the wire from the passager side glove box area to the tailgate for the tire mount?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
20 foot minimum.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
They are sold in 18' lengths, that'll be sufficient.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
True. Vanco and Firestick sell 18' lengths. Radio shack sells them in 20' and 50' lengths. I had an 18 footer and it seemed short the way I routed it. Pulled it out and used a 20 foot and trimmed it to the length I wanted and replaced the end.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I have an 18' in my 2dr with the radio on my cage and the antenna on my tailgate. I have at least 3' extra I spread out under the carpet. Probably more like 5'..

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I have an 18' in my 2dr with the radio on my cage and the antenna on my tailgate. I have at least 3' extra I spread out under the carpet. Probably more like 5'..
Man, I must have taken the really long way... I didn't have that that much left over after trying to use the 18' cable.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just ran an 18 footer from the tailgate along the passanger side, under the passanger seat to the driver side of the console and had about a foot to spare on my JKU.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Well, la tee da! :thefinger: :lol:

OP, get the 18 footer and avoid running around the outside, under, through the vehicle like I apparently did...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts