1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH MY FRELLIN GOD!!!! :shocked:
SON OF A BEEEECH!!!! :shocked:
WHOLEY SHEET!!! :shocked:

These are the wonderful thoughts that raced through my mind Saturday morning as I tried to straighten up in the shower after washing my toes. Yep. Scrub-a-dub-dub and I start straightening up and POW! :nuke:
My lower back explodes. I was convinced that there would be blood and gore on the shower wall after an alien had exploded out of my spine! Or a least it felt that way. I swear that if a pack of brain thirsty zombies had broken in I would be zombie chow as there was nothing I could do about it.

I spend all Saturday lying on the floor and it did no good. Sunday afternoon we went to the ER and they put me on a wonderful mixture of narcotics that is keeping my pain down to a dull scream. Joy oh frelling joy. At least I can sort of move now. :wall:

For those of you that have never had a back injury, PRAY that you never have one. For those of us that have had one... well, as I'm learning, Valium and Vicotin are my new best pals. :D :D :D :D

I hope that the rest of you had a better weekend than I did.

Oh... and to make matters worse I just learned that we finished the season at 18&1. Grrrrrr..... :pissed:

·
Registered
749 Posts
OH MY FRELLIN GOD!!!! :shocked:
SON OF A BEEEECH!!!! :shocked:
WHOLEY SHEET!!! :shocked:

These are the wonderful thoughts that raced through my mind Saturday morning as I tried to straighten up in the shower after washing my toes. Yep. Scrub-a-dub-dub and I start straightening up and POW! :nuke:
My lower back explodes. I was convinced that there would be blood and gore on the shower wall after an alien had exploded out of my spine! Or a least it felt that way. I swear that if a pack of brain thirsty zombies had broken in I would be zombie chow as there was nothing I could do about it.

I spend all Saturday lying on the floor and it did no good. Sunday afternoon we went to the ER and they put me on a wonderful mixture of narcotics that is keeping my pain down to a dull scream. Joy oh frelling joy. At least I can sort of move now. :wall:

For those of you that have never had a back injury, PRAY that you never have one. For those of us that have had one... well, as I'm learning, Valium and Vicotin are my new best pals. :D :D :D :D

I hope that the rest of you had a better weekend than I did.

Oh... and to make matters worse I just learned that we finished the season at 18&1. Grrrrrr..... :pissed:
Been there done that,...Nam, Coal Mine, Steel Mill, & Auto accident....my back is a mess, well, actually my whole body is a mess.:bawling:
They actually give me a shot directly into my lower back when I fall on the floor and can't move scraming & moaning....... my wife gets me to the ER/Doc. Feel for ya..
And the Patriots really didn't have their ultimate game & the Giants took advantage of that.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Been there done that with the back problems. But as far as the pats go I am a dolphin fan (1-15) so I need the painkillers for that alone!:thefinger::smokin::beer:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Whatever you do, don't let them operate. Similar thing happened to me and now, a few years later, I have a couple of titanium rods holding my lower back together and expect to be on narcotics for the rest of my life. Look up New England Baptist Hospital / Spine Center for really great info on how to PROPERLY rehab a bad back. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the well wishes guys. I'm able to move about now. Slowly... but at least I'm moving. ;)

SkiBum, I have no intension of letting anyone near my with a scalpel, at least not until every other stone has been turned. The drugs do seem to be helping so I'm going to start weening myself off of them and see how bad the pain really is.

Gotta tell you guys... It'd rather be getting a root canal daily vs. this. :bawling:
I think maybe I'll go have a :beer::laughing:

The only good thing about Sunday was that I was sooo drugged up when I was in the ER that I totally missed the Patriots implosion. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Believe it or not, all the enlightened Docs these days tell you to get off the meds as quick as possible and to keep moving. Back when I initially had my problems they drugged the hell out of me and told me to spend several weeks in bed. What a bad idea that was. The fusion was an even worse idea. NE Baptist's spine center seems to be really helping. I'm only about half way through their program at this point but range of motion and strength seem to be starting to return. Now if it would stop hurting.......:bawling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts