JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thanks for all the info on the lifts.Now next question-How hard is it to install one of the budget boost kits,i.e spacers,shocks and anything else involved.How good do the spacer kits hold up?I'm not going to do any real rough stuff but would like it reliable.Oh yeah I'm just talking one of the 2.5,3" kits......Thanks again.......Mac

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
the teraflex bb was very easy to do in my opinion.a spring compressor is not needed but is useful.but we jacked the rear differently than most do.

id say the hardest part about it was getting the rear shock extensions on.but drilling the reartrackbar bracket took the longest. once you do one side the other side is a lot easier.
and if you get into and you realize your in too deep there a plenty of guys that will come over and help you or will help you thru the whole thing:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I managed to install a Poly Performance stage III lift over the weekend. More than a budget lift...in addition to springs/shocks, had to install control arms on front/rear, high steer drag link, brake line extensions, some other stuff that I don't recall offhand.

Anyway, I'm not a mechanic and before I started I didn't know what a tie rod was, a draglink, or many other things. Google works wonders. If you can take your time, figure out what parts go where, you should be able to do it. I'm no genius and I managed it. Also helps if you can find a 3-day weekend to get it done. You'll hit a snag that will double or triple the estimated time you'd expect to get done.

Keep in mind you'll need metric sockets/wrenches in sizes from about 12mm-21mm. That delayed me a goodly amount of time figuring that one out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts