JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had my house and car broken into so i am not too trusting of people. i just purchased some rigid dually led lights and would like to mount them to windshield mounts. rigid industries offers a security nut kit to help keep them secure. but what do i do about the two allen screws that mount the brackets to the windshield? anyone can just remove the brackets. any ideas? thanks

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Tack weld them to the bracket so you can get at it with a grinder if you have to remove them. Can someone steal them if they really wanted to? Of course, unless its in a locked garage its hard to make anything on/in a vehicle 'safe' and even then its not totally safe. But at the very least it will make it difficult to steal them without them having power tools and time which is a pretty good deterrent. And if you have an alarm on top of that, chances are they will set it off trying to remove them. At least thats my thoughts.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
A gun with lots of bullets....:thankyou:

· Registered
13,219 Posts
This is the reason I don't have nice lights. A) I wouldn't actually use them, no night wheelin' here. B)Just about anyone knows how expensive LEDs are.

I'd use the security nuts and probably just a plate under it that limits access to the bracket mounting bolts.

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
I use .40 S&W to keep mine in possession. :)

Oh, and my Jeep never sees the outside of the garage unless I'm driving it.

I suppose if it was a real concern I'd put some clear epoxy in the Torx bolts and maybe round off the nyloc nut so only vise grips would remove them.

· Registered
922 Posts
i once had my hella 4000 stolen off of the truck. week later i found some dude driving around with them so i followed him home. the guy only lived a few blocks from me. i called the cops and got them back. Lucky i engraved my name inside the housing before installing them.

Now i tack weld a nut to the end of the bolt.
As for allen head screws, filling the hole with JB Weld sounds like a good ideal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.