JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Moon's Out Goons Out
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Foreign countries are producing illegal substances. I'm not talking about marijuana. If that's your thing, so be it. As long as it's medicinal/recreational and you continue to be a productive member of society, I could care less. I'd say I'm for legalization of that plant. No further.

I'm talking about heroin, cocaine, other synthetic harmful substances. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of addicts. Tax dollars fund rehabilitative programs to fix these people. I know jails are over crowded, I know that leaving them on the streets is harmful to the community.

But check out SAMHSA (Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration). Tax funded. Bureaucracy to the max. If you have to provide a hyperlink to a diagram to explain your sub-structure's organizations, you're way too big. FMTD (F#ck my tax dollars) add that to the common usage dictionary.

·
Registered
865 Posts
And my junky ****** nephew thanks you for your support.

Seriously, 5 peas of guilty to possession of coke and heroin, 15 months in jail, 12 months probation, failed 5 or 6 piss tests while on probation and is still out of jail.
I resent that my tax dollars are wasted supporting him and the system that leaves him free to keep on shooting up.

·
Moon's Out Goons Out
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are these people sick? How hard are you willing to push a horse to water? Are we just facilitating drug addicts? Is the media glorifying drug addiction? Where are the positive role models?

I don't watch sports but I've heard about Tebow and his deal. I've also heard him being ostracized quite a bit. Like he's a joke.

I'm not saying you gotta be a christian but believing in something is a push in the right direction.

·
V8 dreams
3,573 Posts
You can't help everybody. But that's the problem, everybody is obsessed with fairness and political correctness. Bottom line is life ain't fair and you can't keep everybody afloat.

Edit-and I'm with stupidface, I pay way too much in taxes

Vandy

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I am comfortable with by tax burden. It is a shit ton of money, but we empliy every legal loop hole, option and deduction, without compromising our safety, available. With 3 young kids, a mortgage, I have in the neighborhood of $3500-$5000 in deductable non reibmursable expenses. I also drive 45,000 miles a year for work, there is a significant reduction in my AGI.
My wife and I make a decent living, we earn 4.5x the median family for our town, she is a county employee, so I thank all of you for your tax dollars. She is a medic, not a meter reader.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If you can not feed yourself and keep yourself alive because you choose a life of getting high instead of working, fuck you and die. It is not my responsibility to make sure you keep on living. Same thing for people on welfare. If they take my tax dollars, they should be working. They can shovel snow off the interstates in the winter time or fill in pot holes or mow the grass at county buildings and parks. Do something besides being a complete fucking drain on society. I for one am sick and damn tired of funding the existence of worthless pieces of shit.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I dont midn paying for infrastructure (utilities roads) and even some use based taxes (gas). And national defense is something else i dont mind, and police, fire, ems. Otherwise, the rest is trash. And imagine that - most of the budget is trash. :mr-t:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I dont midn paying for infrastructure (utilities roads) and even some use based taxes (gas). And national defense is something else i dont mind, and police, fire, ems. Otherwise, the rest is trash. And imagine that - most of the budget is trash. :mr-t:

I agree with the above, but there is no constitutional power given to our elected kings that gives them the legal authority to levy the present taxes, of any kind. Yet we pay them at the point of the IRS's guns.

Do what you do and harm no other. People make mistakes, but IF my tax dollars are going to this crap, then the money should be there for the treatment, not to support a bloated infrastructure. ...and you get one chance for treatment. It's not a revolving door because you are weak.

And yes, I have had family members with problems ...and I feel the same way about them.

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Muvovr said:
They are TOO FUCKING HIGH !!!!
I am sell employed and I guarantee that if every American worker had to write that check every three months, like I do, there would be revolution in this country in short order. Everyone has become complacent about what their paycheck looks like, they are not even considering what the amount of that check SHOULD be. Wake up!

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
And my junky ****** nephew thanks you for your support.

Seriously, 5 peas of guilty to possession of coke and heroin, 15 months in jail, 12 months probation, failed 5 or 6 piss tests while on probation and is still out of jail.
I resent that my tax dollars are wasted supporting him and the system that leaves him free to keep on shooting up.
So shoot him in the face or quit bitching about it.

·
Moon's Out Goons Out
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love this country more than anything. Don't get me wrong. And I love the citizens of this country. But it's ridiculous to think that a person can choose to do nothing and we'll make sure they've still got food on the table, a car, cable etc. The living standard below the poverty line is a lot different in other countries.

These people are having kids. Sometimes, a lot of kids. What do you think their kids will do with such outstanding role models?

How do you teach people to appreciate what they have so they'll work to make it better?

There are a lot of "victims" walking around.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.