JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how difficult is it to install 2" lift at the house with basic set of tools? will any special tools etc be needed or is it worth paying the shop for labor to do it in an hour?????????????????????????????anybody with minimal amount of mechanic in em do it?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I put the Rough Country 1 3/4" spacer lift on mine, the first time I ever installed a lift.
Bought 3 ton floor jack and stands at Home Depot. Sockets and wrenches ranging from 10mm to 18mm. A few hours in the driveway and it was complete. Read over the instructions HERE to get an idea of what is entailed. If I can do it, anyone can!

·
Registered
155 Posts
if they are going to do it in an hour and stand behind their work let them do it:D but as for the diffulcity it's not hard at all :beer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I say - Do it yourself. I just installed mine last Friday, took me about 5 hours, but I had fun doing it, and appreciate it that much more once it's finished. You can say " Yep, I did it".

Save the money you would pay the shop to buy more goodies for the Jeep.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I say - Do it yourself. I just installed mine last Friday, took me about 5 hours, but I had fun doing it, and appreciate it that much more once it's finished. You can say " Yep, I did it".

Save the money you would pay the shop to buy more goodies for the Jeep.
X2, with the money I saved, I paid my annual insurance premium with Geico.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I put mine on, and I had no idea what I was doing when I started and it turned out great...I, um, spent the whole weekend doing it, but it turned out great...:bounce:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA, the wife agrees with me doing it and saving the cash, just got the pro comp 33 pro comp x treme today and will attempt the lift here shortly, thanks for the advice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Revtek or Teraflex????????

Running 33s on 09 JK, anything good or bad to say about Teraflex 2.5" budget boost or the Revtek 3" suspension system???? leaning toward revtek for no other reason than the extra half inch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts