JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings from CO. Long time but infrequent Pirate'er who's had my '88 5.7 Chevy powered Jeep for years now however I've been drooling over the new JK's since they came out. But the engine always gave me "shrinkage". After waiting for another model year announcement to come and go and always being disappointed and not getting what I've wanted I gave up... and pulled the trigger. I then drove from the dealer to Nemisis for an "upgrade" :bounce:

11 JKU Rubicon about to get a 5.7 VVT :thefinger: I can't sleep at night!!! It should be done in a few weeks! Cheers! :beer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Welcome to jkowners. Didn't see nothin' but wet asphalt, a door knob, and a wheel. Nice = hemi. :beer::beer:

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to JKO! We want to see videos and hear sound bytes when you get that done! :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Welcome to JKO!! A hemi right off the bat? Damn, you must have some big plans for this thing. I don't mind the 3.8...yeah its slow, but hey, its a jeep.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to JKO!! A hemi right off the bat? Damn, you must have some big plans for this thing. I don't mind the 3.8...yeah its slow, but hey, its a jeep.
I'm lucky in some ways in that I get to pick my work vehicle. Unlucky in that I'll put 40-50k a year on it of highway miles covering the 4 corner states. I have a couple hundred pounds of junk to drag along with me and I have to do this at all times of the year. I love to camp and hike and I love my 08 cummins but it doesn't stir me like a Jeep so...I guess I'm lucky to have to drive all the time :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts