JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a RK 3.5" Mid-Arm lift over the weekend which includes their disconnects. What is a simple method for securing the sway bar and links when disconnected? What are you guys doing?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rubber straps----------

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
I bought the Teraflex bracket and pins to stow the connects....cheap and easy install....however !!

the Pins were to large and/or the the RK eyes were too small....used the brakets with some Clevis Pins instead of the TF posts...and it works perfect !

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I just swing mine all the way up and out of the way. It never budges. I'm not sure if just my sway bar is just stiffer than others or what, but when i seing it up out of the way, its fine there.

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
I just swing mine all the way up and out of the way. It never budges. I'm not sure if just my sway bar is just stiffer than others or what, but when i seing it up out of the way, its fine there.
That will only work until the bushings in your sway bar mount start to age a bit and/or you start hitting the really big rocks. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used to use THHN wire. Soon as I get my BDS lift installed, I will use the included straps.

I have seen posts bolted in the wheel wells that you connect your links to that holds the sway from moving. The post looks just like the post where you regularly connect your links just much higher. Next time I can, I will get a picture of it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Asmmns has the right way to go. A lot of companies sell them. Mine Rubicon Express and they ran $125. I have seen no less than 8 tires that got a puncher because the strap came loose. It could be the person putting on the strap incorrectly but why chance it?

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
^

Thanks.... i agree, cheap and easy insurance, plus looks nice and neat !

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I have the JKS disco's, My links come completely off. I haven't had a chance to really get rough with it yet. I Thought maybe ty-wrap it to the spring right next to it. Has anyone tried this? Any issues?

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
I bought the Teraflex bracket and pins to stow the connects....cheap and easy install....however !!

the Pins were to large and/or the the RK eyes were too small....used the brakets with some Clevis Pins instead of the TF posts...and it works perfect !
I did the same except i welded some bolts to the brackets. I also drilled holes in the bolts to secure the links with the pins.

You can kinda see it in this pic...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts