JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Condensed trip report:

Just got back from Hot Springs. Its was pretty bad ass. The drive sucks. I realized that Hot Spring is not made to get to from Bayou Gauche, LA. We got there friday and wheeled friday, saturday, and sunday. Me and another dude left for home sunday night at about 7:30. I pulled into my driveway at 4:30 AM. That shit was brutal. We had five guys, but only 3 jeeps. Kevin, Dick, and I had jeeps. Kevin bent his tie rod and destroyed his stabilazer, Dick broke a front axle shaft all to pieces, and so far the only damage i have is a huge dent from when i ran over a peice of wood and it flipped into my jeep, right in front for the drivers door. Heres a pics. Ill post more later.

This is a spot that supposed to be kinda difficult to get over. I dont know the name of anything. It was pretty hard, but made it after a couple of tries. I think theres video of this, ill try to get it and post it later.

corey d

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres a couple more pics:

This was pretty cool crawl and climb. It was pretty challenging becuase of the loose rocks.

Here is another spot where rocks were present..

corey d

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Wish I could have made it up there man, but it's just been too damn busy this month. Looks like ya'll had fun.

·
Registered
173 Posts
the drive is worth it. i have always had a good time in hot springs and some very challenging trails.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Condensed trip report:

Just got back from Hot Springs. Its was pretty bad ass. The drive sucks. I realized that Hot Spring is not made to get to from Bayou Gauche, LA. We got there friday and wheeled friday, saturday, and sunday. Me and another dude left for home sunday night at about 7:30. I pulled into my driveway at 4:30 AM. That shit was brutal. We had five guys, but only 3 jeeps. Kevin, Dick, and I had jeeps. Kevin bent his tie rod and destroyed his stabilazer, Dick broke a front axle shaft all to pieces, and so far the only damage i have is a huge dent from when i ran over a peice of wood and it flipped into my jeep, right in front for the drivers door. Heres a pics. Ill post more later.

This is a spot that supposed to be kinda difficult to get over. I dont know the name of anything. It was pretty hard, but made it after a couple of tries. I think theres video of this, ill try to get it and post it later.

corey d
I think the is Baileys Boulder. Im jealous, i always enjoy going to superlift.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Heading down there from Illinois this weekend. Can't wait! Looks absolutely killer!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the is Baileys Boulder. Im jealous, i always enjoy going to superlift.
Yes, it was Bailey's. I've got a great sequence of pics of Corey going over it. I'll post them in the next few days, after I recover from the weekend.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Looks like you guys had all the fun that weekend, sorry I couldn't get to go. Damn, I gotta get up there one of these days!!!!:bawling:

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres the sequence from Baileys Boulders that kevin was talking about:

corey d

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Great pics. Looks like you guys had some good weather for wheelin too. That fender chop on your rig looks great, you got any better close up pics of where you cut it at and stuff like that?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Nice pics Corey. Looks like you had some dat fun, eh? Me and the wife were in Arkansas two weeks before that but went kayaking/fishing instead. If you drove up on US 61 you drove by my house.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Heres the sequence from Baileys Boulders that kevin was talking about:

Great pix. I need to get over that way and check out the park.

Nice pics Corey. Looks like you had some dat fun, eh? Me and the wife were in Arkansas two weeks before that but went kayaking/fishing instead. If you drove up on US 61 you drove by my house.
We floated down the Buffalo a couple of years ago. Nice place. Awesome scenery up that way.

Anthony

1 - 20 of 27 Posts