JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that most owners are not so pleased with the horn that the JK has (me being one), so I'm looking at getting a replacement. I was looking at Hella's dual tone 118db horn, but wasn't sure how it was going to sound. This is my first jeep (very excited about doing some work on it) and I'm not exactly sure what are the best brands/ideas and so on... I could really use some help picking out a good horn (I'd like something loud, but with a deep tone as well). Any advice and help would be much appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I have the Hella dual tone air horn. Put it in after losing my stock horn to mud and water. Aparently the horn can't go anywhere and do anything like the rest of the Jeep as claimed by Chrysler.:thefinger: Rant over. I thought the horn would have a deeper tone than it does. It's definately different than stock but to me it still sounds a little wimpy. Maybe see if you can put a full size truck horn on there. That's an improvement over stock. Also, you can YouTube hella horns. You can get an idea of what they sound like. If you go with the train horn, post some video:beer:

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I did the Wolo Road Warrior DD. It sounds like a cruise ship leaving port. I like the sound, but it's really big and was not easy to mount. It was $150. Here's a link. There's a sound link on the page.

Only after, did I hear about the Stebel motorcycle horn. At $30, I wish I had just purchased one of those. Search "stebel" on youtube and you'll see lots of sample sounds.

·
Registered
398 Posts
They had a cheap little air compressor and horn set up at a local store here. $30. It was like it was made by Mopar, connectors from the stock one went right on, and all I did was change from a 10A to a 20 A in the fuse box. (Ya I know I should have used a relay, but I have been running it a while and the day of install I ran it for close to a minute with no issues)

My stock one is now somewhere at the bottom of my tool bag.

Turn your volume down a bit

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with the PIAA horns. The stock one died on me, too much mud/water.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I did a Stebel, write up is here. Plenty loud at 115dB @ 2m.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts